[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Robotics R&D Manager (Technical) - Cambridge, UK
Innovative Technology and Science Limited (InnoTecUK) is a UK based SME specialising in the development of robotic solutions for overcoming complex inspection and automation challenges. InnoTecUK's robotics solutions have been developed through research & development, working closely with industry and research organisations in approx. 50 multi-disciplinary collaborative European and national research projects leading to realisation of robot products in niche and emerging robot markets. Examples include:
1. Climbing robots for non-destructive testing in hazardous environments such as wind turbines and oil tanks
2. Underwater inspection of risers in off shore oil and gas installations and other underwater structures
3. Collaborative robot teams (human-robot and robot-robot)
3. Assistive wearable exoskeletons for supporting daily living activities of the elderly for non-medical and medical applications
4. Condition monitoring of aerospace and rail structures and systems, etc.
We are looking for a self-motivated, experienced researcher in robotics engineering with strong project management skills to support the Technical Director in his role to accelerate the impact of our work in new and challenging robot application scenarios. You will be responsible to the Technical Director for active involvement in and management of our core engineering team researching in design and development of new robotic applications and embedded systems. The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate initiative, have good organisational and management skills and an ability to work under time pressures.