Please distribute the following opening to the robotics-worldwide list. The position is available immediately at InnotecUK to support the technical activities in robots and robotic systems.
Innovative Technology and Science Limited (InnoTecUK) is a dynamic, fast growing and progressive robotics and automation solution provider specialising in the development of innovative solutions for overcoming complex inspection and automation challenges. InnoTecUK's robotics solutions have been developed through research & development, working closely with industry and research organisations in approx. 50 multi-disciplinary collaborative European and national research projects leading to realisation of robot products in niche and emerging robot markets. Examples include:
1. Climbing robots for non-destructive testing in hazardous environments such as wind turbines and oil tanks
2. Underwater inspection of risers in off shore oil and gas installations and other underwater structures
3. Collaborative robot teams (human-robot and robot-robot)
3. Assistive wearable exoskeletons for supporting daily living activities of the elderly for non-medical and medical applications
4. Condition monitoring of aerospace and rail structures and systems, etc.
New Career Opportunity: R&D Manager (Technical)
Please note freedom to work within UK required for this role
We are looking for a self-motivated, experienced researcher in robotics engineering with strong project management skills to support the Technical Director in his role to accelerate the impact of our work in new and challenging robot application scenarios. You will be responsible to the Technical Director for active involvement in and management of our core engineering team researching in design and development of new robotic applications and embedded systems. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK's premier established SMEs (set up in 2009) and currently focusing on hazardous and service robot domains. The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate initiative, have good organisational and management skills and an ability to work under time pressures.
* Work directly with the Technical Director on technical and engineering projects
* Manage and coordinate the technical team activities related to electrical, mechanical and software engineering for performing tasks on collaborative projects and progress achieved as planned
* Lead developments to produce embedded computer solutions based innovations for supporting the company's projects and product development activities
* Preparation and submission of project progress reports to strict deadlines
* Project dissemination, exploitation planning and execution
* Oral and written communications with project partners and funding bodies (e.g. Innovate UK, European Commission, Industry funded R&D, etc)
* Assist in creation of concepts to formulate R&D proposals for submission to funding bodies
Required Experience and Qualifications:
* Excellent first degree in Mechanical, Electronics, Mechatronics Engineering or related discipline
* PhD in Robotics or Control related covering theory and practical aspects
* 10+ years practical research experience, preferably in applications related to robots and robotic systems design, covering as many phases of the full robot design cycle
* Extensive project and team management experience working on European Commission and Innovate UK funded projects, preferably 5+ years
* Proficient in Microsoft Office software packages including Microsoft Project
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Excellent organisation and time-management skills
* Ability to work under time pressures, unsupervised, using own initiative but closely as part of a team
* Ability to pay attention to detail and accuracy
* A team player to facilitate project operations effectively
Salary: Based on experience
Location: Cambridge, UK
informal enquires can be made to Professor Gurvinder S Virk at [hidden email]
Applications Deadline: Open until position filled. To apply please send your CV highlighting "R&D Manager (Technical)" in the subject line to: [hidden email]
Professor Gurvinder S. Virk
Innovative Technology & Science Limited (InnoTecUK)
North Wing, The Old Livery, Hildersham Road, Cambridge, CB21 6DR, UK.
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 893 209
Mob: +44 (0) 7592 611234
Email: [hidden email]
This email and any attachments are confidential and legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, dissemination or copying of this email is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying by email, then delete the email completely from your system.
Where the content of this email is personal or otherwise unconnected with the company's business, Innovative Technology & Science Ltd accepts no responsibility or liability for such content.
robotics-worldwide mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|