[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Robotics Software Engineer - at Aeolus Robotics with remote work
As a well-capitalized start-up we have demonstrated our prototype robot at CES 2018, and have additional key members and breakthrough technological approaches to ensure success in this challenging field. At the moment we are searching for Robotics Software Engineer with strong C++ skills. Check more info below:
- You will design, implement and test robotic software that integrates low-level components into useful robot behaviors:
- Design, implement and test new use cases for the Aeolus robot based on MRD requirements.
- Test and monitor remote and beta testing of use cases in lab and real domestic environments.
- You will work in a scrum-based agile development cycle. You will be working alongside founders, researchers, and engineers to design and build first-generation robotic solutions for mass consumer adoption.
You will be measured by software deliverables, code quality and robot execution quality, adaptability to new requests for use cases, capability to effectively communicate with software developers and roboticists in other teams to speed up development of high quality software.
- PhD and/or Master on robotics, computer science, electrical engineering or similar.
- 3-4 years experience in software development, 1-2 years experience with robotics.
- Good software development skills in C++.
- Experience in Robotics field:
- Good general knowledge of different types of algorithm for motion, perception and especially decision-making.
- Experience with real robots (ideally with service robots).
- Experience with system integration.
- Professional experience with ROS.
- Excellent c++ skills.
- Work experience with service robotics in domestic environments.
- Experience with fault-tolerance in robotics.
- Own work on decision-making systems in robotics.
Flexible Hours & 100% Remote Work:
These roles permit flexible working hours and are 100% remote.
Contract work or a permanent position: we can accommodate you.
Aeolus Robotics was founded to bring the first generation of household robot assistants to life, and to market. Integrating prowess from world-leading Taiwanese manufacturers with Silicon Valley AI genius, we are breaking ground in general-purpose consumer robotics with capability in unstructured “human” spaces. Our CTO, an expert in AI and machine learning, led the DARPA effort that spun out the Watson AI project.
As a well-capitalized start-up we have demonstrated our prototype robot at CES 2018, and have additional key members and breakthrough technological approaches to ensure success in this challenging field. Check our website for more, and search the web for "Aeolus Robot" to find some of the many articles and videos about our prototype demonstrations.
This email contains confidential or legally privileged information of Aeolus Robotics and is for the sole use of its intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized review, copy, use, disclosure or distribution of this email or the content of this email is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, you may reply to the sender and should delete all copies of this e-mail immediately.