[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Robotics post-doc opportunity at NASA-JPL (with focus on integrated robotic planning and perception)
NASA-JPL (Jet Propulsion Laboratory) in Pasadena, California has an opening for a post-doc in the areas of planning under uncertainty, belief space planning, and integrated robotic perception and motion planning. The position is open both for U.S. citizens and foreign nationals. Positions are available immediately.
The job function includes active participation and contribution to JPL's activities related to robotic autonomy, controls, and computer vision. Activities include: theoretical analysis, software development in C++/ROS/Linux, and submission of technical papers to conferences/journals.
Strong background in at least a few of the following areas is required:
* Motion Planning Under Uncertainty and Belief Space Planning
* MDPs and POMPDs
* Optimization and Real-time Trajectory Generation
* Robot Localization
* Robotic Mapping
* Sampling-based Robot Motion Planning Methods
* Collision Avoidance Algorithms
* Estimation Theory
* Dynamics and Control Theory
* Machine learning for robotic localization/mapping/planning
* Stochastic Differential Equations
Required Skills (varies for different project):
* Coding skills in C++/Python
* Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS)
* Strong written and verbal communications skills
Interested candidates should send their resume and the earliest date of availability to [hidden email], with email subject [postdoc 2017 autonomy].
For more information on JPL Robotics, please visit: www-robotics.jpl.nasa.gov
For more information on JPL postdoctoral programs, please visit: Postdocs.jpl.nasa.gov
Robotics Research Technologist
NASA-Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Caltech