[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Robotics roles at Automata
We are looking for a robotics engineers/developers to join our main
development team. The ideal candidate would have a graduate degree (minimum
MS) in robotics or other related fields and would have the responsibilities
– Maintaining and improving the current motion planning framework.
– Maintaining and designing control algorithms including nonlinear and
adaptive control models.
– Building applications, configuring and testing robots.
– Solid background in robotics: kinematics, dynamics, planning, closed-loop
control systems and PID tuning.
– Strong programming skills in C/C++, Python, and Matlab/Simulink.
– Experience with real-time software.
– Experience with Windows and Linux development environment.
– The ability to develop and implement complex algorithms, learn and apply
new languages, tools and frameworks.
- Interest in machine learning applied to motion planning and control
Who we are:
Automata is a London-based robotics start-up, our mission is to democratise
robotics and deploy automation solutions at scale in all levels of
manufacturing and industry. We are doing this by making robotics a
technology that is simple to self integrate therefore removing barriers to
entry such as the need for an expert workforce and third party contractors.
We have developed a robotic arm (Eva) at a much lower market price point –
at £4990 whereas current robotic arms on the market cost in excess of
£15,000. Eva is designed to take on repetitive tasks in manufacturing,
either solo or part of a bigger automated manufacturing line and can be
easily programmed and reprogrammed by a human controller due to our highly
user-friendly software called Choreograph and making the robot as plug and
play as possible .
What we offer:
A cool start-up culture – no dress codes, a young, energetic team, lunch on
us every Friday, relaxed work environment. On top of that, we’re doing some
serious hardware & software engineering all in in Central London. You’ll be
joining a startup in its early days working closely with the founders and if
things go well, we're growing quickly and you’ll be in the middle of it all.