[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Senior Researcher/Principal Engineer role in Autonomous driving Perception at Noah's Ark Lab, Huawei Canada
**About Noah’s Ark Lab, Huawei**
The Noah’s Ark Lab is the AI research center for Huawei Technologies, located in Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Beijing, Shanghai, Xi’an, London, Paris, Toronto, Montreal, Edmonton, etc. The mission of the lab is to make significant contributions to both the company and society by innovating in artificial intelligence, data mining and related fields. Mainly driven by long term and big impact projects, research in the lab also tries to advance the state of the art in the fields as well as to harness the products and services of the company, at each stage of the innovation process. As a world class research lab, we are pushing the frontier of research and development in all areas that we work in. We dare to address both the challenges and opportunities in this era of AI and big data, to revolutionize the ways in which people work and live, and the ways in which companies do business, through intelligentization of all processes, with the slogan 'from big data to deep knowledge'.
**About this role**
Location: Toronto, Canada
Number of Vacancies: 1
Availability: from now till filled
Details: We are looking for Master/PhD Degree (preferably from Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics & Statistics, etc.), and who are passionate about coding and building perception software systems for autonomous driving. Such systems include 3D object detection, segmentation, recognition and prediction, as well as 3D scene understanding, and sensor fusion and tracking, using both deep learning and classical machine learning techniques and multiple sensors such as cameras and 3D LIDAR sensors. This role involves working closely with experienced researchers to participate in the design, implementation and deployment of state-of-the-art perception algorithms and processing modules. The role inherently involves algorithm designing, model training and performance evaluation using publicly available datasets, Huawei’s own labeled datasets, and live on autonomous driving vehicles.
· Pursuing research on cutting-edge 3D object detection, recognition, tracking and prediction of autonomous driving;
· Responsible for the design and development of core algorithm and platform of computer vision to enhance the core competitiveness and user experience of the company's related products;
· Collaborating with product groups in development of above applications and research activities;
· Communicating and collaborating with external partners in academia;
· Patent filing and paper submissions to top tier conferences/journals.
(mandatory requirements & ‘nice to have’)
· Possess a Master /PhD degree in computer vision, machine learning, robotics, computer science, mathematics, automation, or have equivalent research experiences;
· Have at least two years experiences in research in applying machine learning and deep learning;
· Have solid programming skills, proficient in C/C++, Python/Matlab and other programming languages;
· Have multiple 1st author published papers in top tier conferences such as CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, ICRA, IROS, RSS, CoRL, NIPS, AAAI, etc.
· Have good team cooperation spirit, as well as communication and coordination ability;
· Good communication skills in Mandarin – Nice to have.
**How to apply**
Interested candidate please send your resume, cover letter and related application documents to Ms. Tina Kyrtsos, [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>