[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Senior Researcher or Researcher in Sustainable Mobility
** Senior Researcher or Researcher in Sustainable Mobility **
Lakeside Labs is a research and innovation company driven by the vision to create solutions for networked systems using concepts from self-organization. To further strengthen our team, we have an opening for a senior researcher or researcher position in sustainable mobility.
- Perform research in the field of sustainable mobility with emphasis on system and network aspects, including routing algorithms, swarm intelligence, graph and agent-based simulation and performance evaluation
- Work in a new, 2.5-year project to improve regional mobility and provide solutions for connecting transport systems in meaningful ways
- Collaborate with university partners from mathematics and energy management
- Work in a project team
- Take responsibilities in project management (for senior researcher)
- Take a leading role in (senior researcher) or contribute to (researcher) project proposals on a national and European level
- Doctoral degree in engineering, computer science, or physics (or equivalent experience)
- Expertise in two of the following fields: simulation, optimization, algorithms, transport engineering, traffic routing, dynamical systems, complex systems
- Fluent in English; German is a plus
- Being passionate and open minded; team player
Lakeside Labs is located in the beautiful South of Austria, surrounded by Alps and lakes. Offices are in the Lakeside Science & Technology Park, adjacent to the university campus and international IT companies.
The contract will be based on 40 hours per week with with an annual gross salary of at least 51.000 EUR (senior researcher) or at least 42.000 EUR (researcher) depending on job experience and qualification. The initial fixed-term contract may be converted into an open-ended contract. Lakeside Labs is committed to increasing the number of female scientific staff and specifically asks female researchers to apply for this job.
Your application should include a letter of interest, CV, academic certificates and courses with grades, list of publications, and contact details of two references. Please submit your documents as a single PDF file to [hidden email]. The application deadline is November 30, 2019. Interested candidates should apply early, as review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Selected candidates will be invited for personal interviews to Klagenfurt, Austria. Interview and relocation grants are available for selected candidates. The starting date will be in January 2020.