[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Senior Robot Software Engineer at The PTR Group
The PTR Group is looking for a senior robot software engineer to join our
team supporting the Satellite Servicing Capabilities Office (SSCO) at
NASAs Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) to develop next generation
robotic software systems. At PTR you will be part of a multi-discipline
engineering team creating robotic technologies that drive future satellite
servicing and asteroid retrieval missions.
Founded in 2000, The PTR Group is an engineering services company
specializing in embedded, real time and distributed system technologies.
The PTR Group provides system engineering services including software
development, prototype development, consulting, and training to assist
commercial companies and government agencies in realizing their embedded
device development needs.
The PTR Group offers candidates some of the most demanding high tech
engineering challenges in the industry. As a member of a highly-skilled
professional team, the candidate will make key contributions, designing
and developing software for complex embedded systems, developing advanced
engineering tools and techniques, and analyzing/deconstructing software
applications and products.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical direction for the design and development of robotic
systems and associate technologies.
- Define software architectures, requirements, solutions and
development environments for terrestrial and space robotic systems.
- Develop software components and algorithms for spacecraft servicing
- Work with other engineers and scientists to design, develop,
integrate and test related systems and software components.
- Create and deliver technical presentations to support the design and
development of robot systems, including requirement and design reviews.
- Oversee the day-to-day software development flow and integration
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of applicable experience
- MS or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or
- Hands-on experience with robotics software development in C++.
- Excellent programming knowledge of object oriented programming in C++.
- Experience with inverse kinematics, motion control and motion
planning of a dextrous robot arm
- Experience working with embedded systems and real time operating
- Experience with Open Robot Control Software (Orocos).
- Experience developing software in multi-threaded environments.
- Experience with product version control and release management.
- Experience with communication protocols and their implementation
(TCP, UDP, serial, EtherCAT).
- Working understanding of the Agile software development lifecycle.
- Experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle
gathering requirements, design, implementation, testing, debugging, and
deployment to the end user
- Ability to assess new APIs and tools for software development.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- US citizen.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Multi-platform programming experience (OS X, Linux)
- User interfaces
- C++ libraries: Boost, Qt.