[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Software Engineer - Prediction Algorithms for Autonomous Driving
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Sunnyvale, California
You perform research, development and implementation of algorithms for prediction of dynamic road users such as other vehicles, pedestrians or cyclists based on prior map knowledge and interactions between the road users. You investigate novel approaches, implement feasible solutions and test them on the road using our prototype vehicles. You furthermore investigate concepts, to ensure the intelligent vehicle can cope with all driving situations and transfer the developed product innovations for future Mercedes-Benz vehicles.
Minimum Skills Required:
* M.Sc. with at least 3 years of work experience or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field
* Excellent knowledge and proven expertise in frameworks for reasoning under uncertainty (e.g. Bayesian estimation / inference / decision making, evidence theory), preferably applied to situation understanding, motion prediction, robotics
* Knowledge of environment modeling approaches, and object tracking and association
* Knowledge of recent machine learning algorithms as well as optimization techniques
* Proven ability to multitask and deliver on challenging software development tasks
* Excellent C++ programming expertise
* Skills in the field of software architecture and software design
* Experience with source code management, unit test, code review and issue tracking systems
* Knowledge of Linux and development on Linux systems
* Experience working independently in a large software setting
* Experience working with robot and/or automotive hardware
* Experience with simulation environments
* Excellent communication skills
* System integration and software architecture skills
The Vehicle Intelligence team is part of the Autonomous Driving department at MBRDNA. We work on all aspects of planning for autonomous driving, including environment representation and prediction, high-level decision making, and trajectory generation.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
To learn more about this position, or to apply, contact Stephanie Lefevre by email: [hidden email]
If you are not the addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail by mistake, and delete it. We thank you for your support.