[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Sr Algorithms and Control Engineer at Intuitive Surgical
Intuitive Surgical (maker of the daVinci Surgical System) is seeking roboticists in the areas of kinematics, controls, and analysis of mechanisms. Come join the team that has made less-invasive surgery a reality for 5 million patients worldwide and counting!
This PhD-level position is responsible for algorithms and controls required to support new instruments on the daVinci Surgical System. Skills required include robot kinematics, control systems, and a solid understanding of mechanical systems.
You will be responsible for:
* using analysis and experimentation to develop a deep understanding of the behavior and limitations of the instrument mechanism
* teleoperated motion fidelity of the instrument
* motion algorithms to enable new features such as stapling or cutting
* risk analysis and implementation of safety algorithms
* working with the manufacturing team to specify calibration and performance testing for the instrument
* having a broad, cross-functional view of the project and doing whatever it takes to deliver a world-class surgical instrument
* PhD plus 5 years experience (preferred) or MS plus 8 years experience in a robotics-related field.
* Demonstrate intuitive understanding of mechanical phenomena with ability to do rigorous analysis.
* C/C++ and Matlab programming skills, as well as hardware, software, and mechanism integration skills. Knowledge of Python would be a plus.
* Knowledge of classical and modern servo control systems.
* Knowledge of serial-arm robot kinematics.
* Knowledge of statistics is a plus.
* Knowledge of electrical and mechanical design principles and CAD tools is a plus.
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
* Experience launching real-world, commercially successful products is a plus.
For more information, contact:
Managing Principal, Systems Analysis
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>