[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Tenure Track Position at ASU Poly
Professor (all ranks) in Electrical Systems Engineering
Arizona State University - Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering - The Polytechnic School
Locations: Arizona State University - Polytechnic Campus
The Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering at Arizona State University (ASU) and The Polytechnic School (TPS) seeks applicants for an engineering tenure-track or tenured faculty position in electrical systems with application to robotics, Industry 4.0, and automation. Appointments may be at the Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor rank commensurate with the candidate's experience and accomplishments, beginning August 2019.
The Polytechnic School, one of six schools in the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering, has an energetic engineering (electrical systems/robotics/manufacturing) research community. To advance this area, we will look for applicants who complement our ability to solve Grand Challenge Problems as part of a community of experts in robot design, development, analysis, and control. In particular, we seek candidates with expertise in one or more of the following areas: embedded systems, power electronics systems, networked systems, and distributed sensing and control. Potential application areas include robotic systems and industrial automation in the context of Industry 4.0.
Faculty members in the Fulton Schools of Engineering are expected to develop an internationally recognized and externally funded research program, adopt effective pedagogical practices in the development and delivery of graduate and undergraduate courses, mentor both undergraduate and graduate student research and projects, and undertake service activities.
* earned doctorate in electrical engineering or a field closely related to the stated research and teaching focus of this position, by the time of appointment
* demonstrated evidence of research capability
* evidence teaching excellence as appropriate to the candidate's rank
* demonstrated commitment to a collaborative, transdisciplinary approach to research and teaching
* Cover Letter
* Curriculum Vitae
* Statement Describing Research Interests (two pages maximum)
* Statement Describing Teaching Interests and Philosophy (two pages maximum)
* Contact Information for Three (3) References
Inquiries can be directed to the search committee chair, Dr. Tom Sugar; [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]?subject=Job%20at%20Academic%20Keys,%20PROFESSOR%20(ALL%20RANKS)%20IN%20ELECTRICAL%20SYSTEMS%20ENGINEERING>