PostDoc 1 will contribute to the H2020 project THING (subTerranean
Haptic INvestiGator). The project is focused on developing sensing,
estimation and control technologies for walking robots - fusing
haptic/contact sensing with traditional navigation.
PostDoc 2 will contribute to the EPSRC project ORCA. The project is
focused on developing technology for industrial inspection. Our role
will focus on 3D navigation and mapping - using the Anymal quadruped.
This will involve research in 3D reconstruction, active mapping and
- PhD/DPhil in robotics, computer vision, controls, or closely related field
- Excellent academic track record in topics such as mapping, 3D
reconstruction, SLAM and sensor fusion
- Excellent programming skills
- Outstanding team and communication skills
- Experience working in field robotics or with walking robots
- Publications in relevant fields at leading conferences/journals.
- Unix/Linux, ROS, Git