[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] senior perception engineer for manipulation
Senior Perception Engineer opening:
Do you get excited by the idea of robots manipulating objects at
superhuman speeds? Do you want to make a big impact and earn a stake
in a company that will grow into a household name? Do you want to
learn from a team with decades of experience, from both academia and
industry, in robotics? Are you driven to do more in robotics than
one-off demo videos?
Dextrous Robotics is a Silicon Valley startup backed by leading
venture capital. We’re building a robotic system for manipulating
objects at speeds faster than humans, with a lucrative application in
logistics that is also beneficial to society. If you thrive when
confronted with hard-to-tackle problems and love to build, experiment,
and create alongside a team of technical experts in a collegial
environment, then Dextrous Robotics may be the place for you.
Our open position is for developing and deploying the visual
perception components for our high-speed robot manipulation system.
We’re looking for an engineer to develop a robust, high quality
product and to evaluate its performance quantitatively.
Who we’re looking for:
* You have experience integrating and deploying (debugging,
calibrating, and optimizing) robotic perception R&D onto real robotic
systems. Examples of practical experience include data fusion for
object tracking, system calibration, model building and matching,
image labeling, and segmentation. Experience enabling robot
manipulation and pick and place applications is preferred.
* You want to work for a company that is driven to rapidly field real robots.
* You are passionate about addressing hard perception problems in
complex, unstructured environments.
* You are driven and motivated by high-impact engineering applications
that have the potential to revolutionize society.
Responsibilities will include:
* developing algorithms for high-speed detection, tracking, and
classification of static and dynamic objects from RGB-D data;
* collaborating with our hardware team to configure our RGB-D and
* investigating new sensors and establishing ways to integrate them
into our sensor fusion and perception stacks;
* designing, testing, and supporting your software from simulation to
prototypes to, eventually, a scaled fleet;
* and following software practices that produce maintainable code,
including automated testing, continuous integration, and rigorous code
* You have obtained a PhD, MS, or have equivalent industry experience.
* You are a talented software developer, ideally with experience in
C++, and with experience analyzing and debugging robotic perception
* You have a strong track record in inventing and deploying innovative
perception algorithms to robotic systems in real-world environments.
* You have expertise in relevant technical areas (object recognition,
segmentation, dense 3D reconstruction, tracking, sensor fusion, state
* You are passionate about deploying a large fleet of robots that will
operate around people in the real world.
Compensation and work environment:
* Competitive base w/ benefits
* Equity incentive package (0.25% - 1.25%)
* Relocation package (we also support working remotely)
Dextrous Robotics provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination
and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or
any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
robotics-worldwide mailing list
[hidden email] http://duerer.usc.edu/mailman/listinfo.cgi/robotics-worldwide