It is our pleasure to invite you to submit your research papers to the IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters (IEEE RA-L) Special Issue on "AI for Long-term Autonomy”.
All accepted papers of this Special Issue will be presented at the forthcoming 2018 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), Madrid, Spain.
Please visit the official webpage of the Special Issue at:
1. Special Issue Call Publication: November 8, 2017
2. Special Issue Submission Opens: February 17, 2018
3. Special Issue Submission Closes: February 24, 2018 (same as RA-L/IROS)
4. First Decision Communicated to Authors: May 21, 2018
5. Final Decision Communicated to Authors: July 25, 2018
6. Accepted RAL Papers appear on Xplore: August 23, 2018
Autonomous systems have a long history in the fields of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotics. However, only through recent advances in technology has it been possible to create autonomous systems capable of operating in long-term, real-world scenarios. Examples include autonomous robots that operate outdoors on land, air, water, and space, and indoors in offices, care homes, and factories. Designing, developing, and maintaining intelligent autonomous systems that operate in real-world environments over long periods of time, i.e. weeks, months, or years, poses many challenges. The proposed Special Issue will focus on such challenges and on ways to overcome them using methods from AI.
The Special Issue is motivated by the success of the Workshop on “AI for Long-Term Autonomy”, organized by the Guest Editors at the ICRA’16 conference on 16 May 2016 (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__sites.google.com_site_icra2016ailta_&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=3dbDOXNrEs5M5AWNWCrtLrHOHObievE9cwZ9lrBLf8A&s=FOfcwJqOwfGxU9yBcA9XExXI7A1MK6bHMfDyua1WbC0&e=). The quality of the speakers and number of attendees (ca. 200) were very encouraging. In the absence of published proceedings of the Workshop, the important contributions presented there could be missed by a wider public. The Special Issue encourages contributions by other attendees of the workshop and the wider scientific community working on related issues in AI for long-running robotic systems.
The workshop was endorsed by the IEEE Technical Committee on Cognitive Robotics.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Representations for long-term, large-scale data
* Reasoning about environmental change
* Long-term mission planning and exploration
* Perception and state estimation in dynamic environments
* Lifelong learning and adaptation
* Experience-based decision making
* Verification of long-term autonomous systems
* Field trials of long-running robotic systems in diverse application domains
* Tom Duckett, University of Lincoln, UK
* Lars Kunze, University of Oxford, UK
* Marc Hanheide, University of Lincoln, UK
* Gabe Sibley, University of Colorado, US
* Nick Hawes, University of Oxford, UK
Professor Tom Duckett
School of Computer Science
University of Lincoln
Phone: +44 1522 837113
Fax: +44 1522 886974
The University of Lincoln, located in the heart of the city of Lincoln, has established an international reputation based on high student satisfaction, excellent graduate employment and world-class research.
The information in this e-mail and any attachments may be confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and remove it from your system. Do not disclose the contents to another person or take copies.
Email is not secure and may contain viruses. The University of Lincoln makes every effort to ensure email is sent without viruses, but cannot guarantee this and recommends recipients take appropriate precautions.
The University may monitor email traffic data and content in accordance with its policies and English law. Further information can be found at: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.lincoln.ac.uk_legal&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=3dbDOXNrEs5M5AWNWCrtLrHOHObievE9cwZ9lrBLf8A&s=gzdtCFMQgdv5kn2g0KXKCv0jR9fNdUQLlL9gEhSUvOE&e=.
robotics-worldwide mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|