Quantcast

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] 1st Aerial Robotics International Research Symposium, University of Toronto, June 21-22, 2017 - EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE EXTENDED

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] 1st Aerial Robotics International Research Symposium, University of Toronto, June 21-22, 2017 - EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE EXTENDED

Jonathan Kelly
Dear Robotics Community,

SYMPOSIUM EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MAY 26

On behalf of the Centre for Aerial Robotics Research and Education (CARRE), we would like to invite you to participate in our first Aerial Robotics International Research Symposium, to be held on June 21-22, 2017, at the University of Toronto. The Symposium will feature an outstanding lineup of speakers from academia and industry who will discuss up-to-date research in the field of UAVs. We will have two keynote speakers: Dario Floreano, Director of the Laboratory of Intelligent System, EPF Lausanne, Switzerland, and Roland Siegwart, Professor and Director of Autonomous Systems, ETH Zürich, Switzerland. The symposium will also feature posters from graduate students working in the field. In addition, panel discussions, laboratory tours and networking breaks will be arranged to offer extra opportunities for interaction.

====================
Events Details:
====================

Date: June 21-22, 2017
Location: University of Toronto, Medical Science Building, Macleod Auditorium
University of Toronto St. George Campus
1 King's College Cir, Toronto, ON M5S 1A1, Canada

Main Webpage: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__carre.utoronto.ca_international-2Dsymposium_&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=qPEVV1vIIfvW13gYIqxtlfhCj9iYYya13hHjL7Xff4c&s=n88s7f5fLSnHnqY8XYOzMJNrFTFUk1fo-U9_hwZq8RM&e=

====================
Keynote Speakers:
====================

- Dario Floreano, Director of the Laboratory of Intelligent Systems, EPF Lausanne, Switzerland

Prof. Dario Floreano is the Director of the Laboratory of Intelligent Systems, EPF Lausanne. Switzerland. He is also Founding Director of the Swiss National Center of Competence in Robotics, which sponsors almost 60 researchers in wearable, mobile, and educational robots from 20 robotics labs across Switzerland.

- Roland Siegwart, Professor of Autonomous Systems, ETH Zurich, Switzerland

Roland Siegwart is Full Professor of Autonomous Systems, ETH Zürich, Switzerland since July 2006 and Founding Co-Director of the Wyss Zurich. From January 2010 to December 2014 he held the office of Vice President Research and Corporate Relations on the Executive Board at ETH Zurich.

The complete list of speakers is available on the Symposium webpage.

We are also asking students to please submit a 150 word abstract on their latest aerial robotics work, for a chance to present their work during the Symposium poster session.

Abstract submission: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__goo.gl_yuG0ch&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=qPEVV1vIIfvW13gYIqxtlfhCj9iYYya13hHjL7Xff4c&s=Ctb1XnLpgKMDhFtOqHJNJQkVUqpI2vP2m9X-GTK7fY0&e=

====================
Registration Fees:
====================

(All prices are in Canadian Dollars)

Registration – Industry and Faculty:

Academic or Industry (Early Bird) - $113
Academic or Industry (Standard)  - $226

Registration – Student:
------------------------------

Student (Early Bird) -  $ 57
Student (Standard)  -  $113

Registration: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__goo.gl_goxZWO&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=qPEVV1vIIfvW13gYIqxtlfhCj9iYYya13hHjL7Xff4c&s=Rl4T4Ac_2AyTukWlxFGFGVP6lnCUQI9J80Z7b-pSMpM&e=

The early registration deadline is May 26, 2017. Registration is capped, so we strongly encourage attendees to register as soon as possible. The registration fee includes morning refreshments, lunch and access to presentation/poster materials. Speakers do not need to register.

On the second day, we will be organizing a trip to our facility at the Institute for Aerospace Studies. Please indicate on the registration page if you would like to attend.

We would be grateful if you could please distribute this Call for Participation to researchers at your institutions.

Sincerely,

Prof. Hugh Liu, Director, CARRE
Prof. Angela Schoellig, Associate Director, CARRE
Prof. Jonathan Kelly, Associate Director, CARRE
Yani Macute, Program Coordinator