[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] 2nd CfP 2018 AsiaHaptics in Songdo, South Korea, November 14-16

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] 2nd CfP 2018 AsiaHaptics in Songdo, South Korea, November 14-16

Claudio Pacchierotti-3
                    Call for Participation for
                        AsiaHaptics 2018
                     https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__asiahaptics.org&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=EB4twZlOoA2Bn2nkatXcoZh_74EZFMWSJzmdOdKvmhE&s=UndwCphOv9_vLMIMvtmlOJfMaBJQHFiBQr3KeQK5DuE&e=

                    November 14-16, 2018
                    Songdo, South Korea

* All accepted papers for the live demo will be published in *Springer
Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering*, which will be accessible
worldwide.

AsiaHaptics is a young international conference about haptics, emphasizing
interactive presentations with demos. AsiaHaptics welcomes all attendees
who work on or are interested in haptic hardware, rendering, perception,
and applications, from all over the world. Following the two successful
events in 2014 Tsukuba and 2016 Kashiwanoha both in Japan, the third
AsiaHaptics will take place during November 14-16, 2018 at the CONVENSiA
convention center, Songdo international business district in the Republic
of Korea (South Korea). Eligible topics include, but not limited to,
kinesthetic interfaces, tactile displays, haptic rendering and modeling,
sensors and actuators, embedded haptics, teleoperation, shared control
and collaboration, physical human-robot interaction,
human-computer interaction, multi-modal systems, virtual and augmented
reality, as well as human perception and neuroscience of touch.
Haptics in industrial
and commercial applications, and any other innovative applications of
haptics are also welcome.

*Type of Contributions:*By *August 10th*, Asia Haptics solicits two types
 of submissions: live demo and video demo. Please submit your contribution
though the following link. <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__new.precisionconference.com_submissions&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=EB4twZlOoA2Bn2nkatXcoZh_74EZFMWSJzmdOdKvmhE&s=np94okTqYvs9W8u9-4KlJSMujKf8ce7tucMBZHWspM0&e=

*Live demo:*Your submission for the live demo should include a short paper
with a video.
Please use the Springer format <
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.springer.com_gp_computer-2Dscience_lncs_conference-2Dproceedings-2Dguidelines&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=EB4twZlOoA2Bn2nkatXcoZh_74EZFMWSJzmdOdKvmhE&s=HlNIRibtUFtYsDpUi3L4Lsg5sInpoNnkix3pZkQsLoQ&e=
> for your short paper.
For the final publication, Springer will professionally typeset the
book. Therefore, the final layout of your paper available online might be
subject to minor modification from your camera ready version.

• The standard length of the paper is two pages, but it can be extended to
six pages.
• The paper must be written using Springer MS Word <
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=ftp-3A__ftp.springernature.com_cs-2Dproceeding_llncs_word_splnproc1703.zip&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=EB4twZlOoA2Bn2nkatXcoZh_74EZFMWSJzmdOdKvmhE&s=82vBqKlerAoAA-zM_rxtvxpPzg5goc3vJ1AIpusTwf0&e=
> or LaTeX <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=ftp-3A__ftp.springernature.com_cs-2Dproceeding_llncs_llncs2e.zip&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=EB4twZlOoA2Bn2nkatXcoZh_74EZFMWSJzmdOdKvmhE&s=EDQJqv9AEvsDoxciHSvz613-VhMmn3JAwh7pd4bkJ48&e=
> formats and submitted in PDF format.
• Each paper must include abstract, around five keywords, and references.
• Width of figures and tables will be set to 117, 78 or 36 mm during final
typesetting.
• High resolution figures must be submitted separately when the final
version is prepared for publication.
• The length of the video clip should be less than two minutes. Its
resolution and size are also limited to less than 1280×720 and 100MB,
respectively.
• Allowed video file types are .mp4, .mov, .m4v, .wmv, .avi, and .flv. MP4
format using the H.264 codec is recommended.
• All video demos will be provided with a 1.8 m by 0.6 m table, a chair, a
poster board, and 220V-1.5kW power source. If you have any special request,
please describe it in the submission menu.

All accepted papers for the live demo will be published in Springer Lecture
Notes in Electrical Engineering <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.springer.com_series_7818&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=EB4twZlOoA2Bn2nkatXcoZh_74EZFMWSJzmdOdKvmhE&s=5Lf1XGLX1B-izZbfouXxHrzi57wb1Vr6vyr9lVYZNFM&e=
>, which will be accessible worldwide. Each video for the live demo will
also be uploaded to the Springer Video system <
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.springer.com_gp-3Freferer-3Dvideos.springer.com&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=EB4twZlOoA2Bn2nkatXcoZh_74EZFMWSJzmdOdKvmhE&s=MpY-UFP8WlxKSymNjzIp7EAHxIQLOmChg9WESuMmDSQ&e=
> with a link to the paper. However, you may also choose not to publish
them.  Acceptance will be based on all submitted materials. The selection
process includes reports by independent reviewers, followed by a jury
selection process that will consider these reports as well as other
criteria such as feasibility and available space at the conference.

*Video demo:*For researchers who have difficulties bringing their hardware
setup and/or are mainly doing psychophysics-oriented experiments, we open a
new type of contribution: video demo. Video demo accepts single page
abstract  <
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__asiahaptics.org_wp-2Dcontent_uploads_AsiaHaptics2018-5FAbstract-5FTemplate.docx&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=EB4twZlOoA2Bn2nkatXcoZh_74EZFMWSJzmdOdKvmhE&s=kk5gDD0_ywA2DXipN-AU7xTwBjRXZm3QXuCg2LdOIA8&e=
> together with a video. The submitted video has same restrictions of live
demo videos. The abstracts and videos of the accepted video demo will only
be included in the USB proceedings of AsiaHaptics 2018 and will not be
included in Springer Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering. Thus,
transfer of the copyright will not be required.

*:: Important Dates:*

*** Aug. 10, 2018 : Submission of Live demo and Video demo ***
• Aug. 31, 2018 : Notification of acceptance and workshops/tutorial
proposals
• Sep. 14, 2018 : Submission of camera-ready papers
• Oct. 19, 2018 : Early registration

*General Chair*
Jee-Hwan Ryu (KOREATECH, Korea)

*Program Chairs*Sang-Youn Kim (KOREATECH, Korea)
Masashi Konyo (Tohoku University, Japan)
Ki-Uk Kyung (KAIST, Korea)