[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] BioRob2020 First CFP

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] BioRob2020 First CFP

Danielle Marie Stramel
Hello All,

It is our extreme pleasure to share with you the following first call for
papers for the eighth bi-annual International Conference on Biomedical
Robotics and Biomechatronics (BioRob). We hope that you can join us in
celebrating innovation and novelty as well as experiencing the culture of
the big apple! Below are key dates, topics, and other info. We hope to see
you in 2020!

First Call for Papers: 2020 IEEE RAS/EMBS International Conference on
Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics (BioRob)

Eighth International Conference on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics
June 29th - July 2nd, 2020
Columbia University, New York City, New York, United States of America

Important Dates
Paper Submission: January 15th, 2020
Acceptance Notification: March 31st, 2020
Final Paper Submission: April 24th, 2020

Scope
BioRob covers both theoretical and experimental challenges posed by the
application of robotics and mechatronics in medicine and biology. The
primary focus of Biorobotics is to analyze biological systems from a
“biomechatronic” point of view, trying to understand the scientific and
engineering principles underlying their extraordinary performance. This
profound understanding of how biological systems work, behave and interact
can be used for two main objectives: to guide the design and fabrication of
novel, high performance bio-inspired machines and systems for many
different applications; and to develop novel nano, micro-, macro- devices
that can act upon, substitute parts of, and assist human beings in
prevention, diagnosis, surgery, prosthetics, rehabilitation and personal
assistance.

Topics of interest include:

   - Biomedical
   - Robotics
   - Biomechatronics
   - Robotics and Rehabilitation
   - Biologically Inspired Robotics
   - Robotic Surgery
   - Human Machine Interaction
   - Wearable Technologies
   - Brain Machine Interfaces
   - Neuroprostheses
   - Robotics in Ageing
   - Robotic Companions and Homecare
   - Technology Translation and Commercialization
   - Human Augmentation
   - Micro Robotics
   - Nano Robotics
   - Medical Imaging and Vision

General Chair: Sunil K. Agrawal, Columbia University
General Co-Chair: Hermano I. Krebs, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Danielle Stramel
Ph.D. Candidate in Mechanical Engineering
Robotics and Rehabilitation (ROAR) Lab
Columbia University