[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] CFP: IEEE BioRob 2020 - New York City

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] CFP: IEEE BioRob 2020 - New York City

Sunil K Agrawal
*********************** CALL FOR PAPERS **************************

The 8th IEEE RAS/EMBS International Conference on
Biomedical Robotics & Biomechatronics

June 29 - July 2, 2020
Columbia University, Lerner Hall
New York, NY, USA

www.biorob2020nyc.org

Important Dates:

Feb.  7: Full paper/workshop proposal submissions for review
Apr. 24: Decision of acceptance
May   8: Submission of final papers with Conference Registration

On behalf of the Organizing Committee, we cordially invite you to submit
your work to the 8th IEEE RAS/EMBS International Conference on Biomedical
Robotics & Biomechatronics (BioRob 2020), which will be held in Alfred
Lerner Hall at Columbia University, New York City.

BioRob2020 is a joint effort of the two IEEE Societies of Robotics and
Automation – RAS – and Engineering in Medicine and Biology – EMBS. The
conference covers both theoretical and experimental challenges posed by the
application of robotics and mechatronics in medicine and biology. The
primary focus of Biorobotics is to analyze biological systems from a
“biomechatronic” point of view, trying to understand the scientific and
engineering principles underlying their extraordinary performance. This
profound understanding of how biological systems work, behave and interact
can be used for two main objectives: to guide the design and fabrication of
novel, high performance bio-inspired machines and systems for many
different applications; and to develop novel nano-, micro-, and macro-
devices that can act upon, substitute parts of, and assist human beings in
prevention, diagnosis, surgery, prosthetics, rehabilitation and personal
assistance.

Prospective authors are invited to submit high-quality papers and videos
presenting original results. The technical program will consist of plenary
sessions, contributed paper sessions, workshops and tutorials, contributed
posters, continuing medical credits (CME), exhibitions, and more.

Topics of Interest:

- Robotics and Rehabilitation
- Biologically Inspired Robotics
- Robotic Surgery
- Human Machine Interaction
- Wearable Technologies
- Brain Machine Interface
- Robotics in Ageing
- Robotic Companions and Home Care
- Human Augmentation
- Micro Robotics
- Nano Robotics

Submission link will be available soon at:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__ras.papercept.net_conferences_scripts_start.pl&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=JQD8hqClj7BCiKPVkhUsfDe8MWSpTyXWsftwYs179MA&s=e-1MZcGzA7D26j8zFCmvZvlAeIPNGjseEcBa83PwHP4&e=

We look forward to witnessing cutting edge research and technical
excellence in our robotics field.

Sincerely,

Sunil K. Agrawal, Columbia University (General Chair)
Hermano I. Krebs, MIT (General Co-Chair)

Sunil K. Agrawal, PhD
Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Professor, Department of Rehabilitative and Regenerative Medicine
Director, ROAR Laboratory
Columbia University, New York, NY 10027
Email: [hidden email]

Visit our Website for recent news:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__roar.me.columbia.edu_news&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=JQD8hqClj7BCiKPVkhUsfDe8MWSpTyXWsftwYs179MA&s=-P-B4J5nHrodaVcz_tgwIMuGuMkR5iNhyeO8xP8o_Lw&e=  <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__roar.me.columbia.edu&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=JQD8hqClj7BCiKPVkhUsfDe8MWSpTyXWsftwYs179MA&s=l7VohKoml93z_nYtANjQKf6ZbRY6Bca3pnJcCrfVYJA&e= >