[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] CFP: IROS 2019 Workshop on Semantic Policy and Action Representations for Autonomous Robots (SPAR), Nov 8, Macau, China

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] CFP: IROS 2019 Workshop on Semantic Policy and Action Representations for Autonomous Robots (SPAR), Nov 8, Macau, China

Shiqi Zhang-3
The 4th Workshop on Semantic Policy and Action Representations for
Autonomous Robots (SPAR)

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__sites.google.com_view_spar2019_&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=ajt3WxYwA_jmgwl1QgSQgHeekgc3mpPZ9xa_tgQJG4s&s=iHgwDNOH6g7pw_payL-GRGQ9OGvGZmXOocVvfxznaf4&e=

Deadline: October 11, 2019
Location: Macau, China (co-located with IROS 2019)
Event Date: November 8, 2019

**Call for Papers**

We are calling for contributions to our IROS 2019 workshop. We would
like to invite the attendees of this workshop to submit an extended
abstract explaining their current work or developed systems on the
areas of reasoning, perception, control, planning, and learning
applied to robotic systems.

This workshop is intended for roboticists interested in improving the
reliability and autonomy of robots. We hope to bring together
outstanding researchers and graduate students to discuss current
trends, problems, and opportunities in semantic action (policy)
representations, encouraging communication and common practices such
as sharing data-sets among scientists in this field.

We encourage 1-2 pages extended abstract of relevant work that has
been previously published, or is to be presented at the main
conference. The accepted abstracts will be posted on the workshop
website in a compiled yearbook and will not appear in the official
IEEE proceedings. Furthermore, we particularly call for live
demonstrations to be presented on the workshop day. We encourage
researchers as well as companies (both hardware and software
companies) to contribute to the workshop. The reviewing is single
blind, and will be carried out by the workshop chairs.

The accepted demonstrations can show their systems and its benefits to
a broader audience. The accepted papers will have the opportunity to
present their work/ideas in a poster session. Two selective
submissions will give a 15 min talk at the workshop. Please indicate
in your email if you want to present as a poster, oral, and/or live
demonstration.

Contact and submission email:  [hidden email]

**Speakers**

Darius Burschka, Technical University of Munich
Xiaoping Chen, University of Science and Technology of China
Joseph Lim, University of Southern California
Stefanos Nikolaidis, University of Southern California
Kei Okada, The University of Tokyo
Chris Paxton, Nvidia Robotics Lab
Tanja Schultz, University of Bremen
Jesse Thomason, University of Washington
Georg von Wichert, Siemens

**Advisory Board**

Michael Beetz, University Bremen, Germany
Yiannis Aloimonos, University of Maryland, USA
Tamim Asfour, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
Florentin Wörgötter, University of Göttinngen, Germany

**Organizers**

Karinne Ramirez-Amaro, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
Eren Erdal Aksoy, Halmstad University, Sweden
Yezhou Yang, Arizona State University, USA
Shiqi Zhang, SUNY Binghamton, USA