[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] CFP: OzCHI 2017 Workshop on Creative Contributions to Social Robotics

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] CFP: OzCHI 2017 Workshop on Creative Contributions to Social Robotics

Timothy Wiley
We are pleased to welcome submissions to the OzCHI 2017 Social Robotics Workshop, 'Creative Contributions to Embodied Socio-technical Interaction’.

———————————

IMPORTANT DATES
August 21st:   call for papers
September 25th:  paper final draft submissions due
October 13th:  notification of acceptance
November 28th:  Workshop day at OzCHI 2017

———————————

LOCATION
Workshop at the 29th Australian Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (OzCHI)
Brisbane, Australia

———————————

LINKS
Social Robotics Workshop Website: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__socialroboticsworkshop.wordpress.com_&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=HvhhfZrsZ2bn32QahD76PS8-wt2x5U3DTd4GUtt9KCk&s=QPV-jqJHSVcv44548EGF2CXq-nL1VlxJ3zeFSDIdnkw&e=
OzCHI Website: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ozchi.org_&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=HvhhfZrsZ2bn32QahD76PS8-wt2x5U3DTd4GUtt9KCk&s=IZ4wf-JDDjB0lkM0Md4yYN-wFzdhvaoE6xTkHf4NRk8&e=

———————————

The workshop aims to bring together practitioners working in Social Robotics (SR) and related fields, and we invite submissions from: interaction design (embodied interaction, machine learning, smart technologies); intelligent computing (artificial intelligence, sense/perception, computer vision); creative collaboration (aesthetics, embodied interaction, art and curation) and beyond.

The main focus of the workshop is to establish a community of practitioners and researchers around creative applications of SR. We see HCI as naturally crossing the traditional boundaries between art, design and science, and therefore intend to engage the community’s longstanding interest in exploring creative and embodied interactions and how we might overcome current challenges in SR and identify future pathways and paradigms. Through participation in the workshop activities, we hope that attendees will identify opportunities for interdisciplinary and inter-institutional collaborative relationships.

The opportunity to identify current challenges and develop a shared vernacular between those from a variety of fields working in SR, present and discuss issues in depth, and debate points of departure in a workshop format is highly valuable and timely. We are committed to building a research community with a focus on creative and design-centered approaches to SR research.

We invite authors to submit short positional papers (2-4 pages) on the following topics:
- Interaction Design: Embodied Interaction, Machine Learning, Smart Technologies
- Intelligent Computing: Artificial Intelligence, Sense/Perception, Computer Vision
- Creative Collaboration: Aesthetics, Embodied Interaction, Art and Curation

Authors accepted to participate in the workshop will be invited to develop their paper further, based on workshop feedback and submit long papers (6-10 pages) for publication in early 2018, titled SOCIAL ROBOTICS: Creative Contributions to Embodied Socio-technical Interaction.

Please visit https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__socialroboticsworkshop.wordpress.com&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=HvhhfZrsZ2bn32QahD76PS8-wt2x5U3DTd4GUtt9KCk&s=lv5bdoKUHjHcgO4i0oTYHajFdrKYAexaTTyhibvJiRg&e= for more information and details on how to submit a contribution to the workshop.

———————————

Scott Brown
Michael James Gratton
Belinda J Dunstan

Creative Robotics Lab
Faculty of Art & Design
UNSW Sydney

Paddington Campus
Cnr Oxford St & Greens Rd,
Paddington, NSW 2021
Australia

T: +61 2 8936 0682
W: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.crl.niea.unsw.edu.au&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=HvhhfZrsZ2bn32QahD76PS8-wt2x5U3DTd4GUtt9KCk&s=xilCkfL0_H6_7NN9hdane5NikagIro8NBAdCjBq_Uy4&e=