[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Call for Contributions IROS18 Workshop: Hands in the Real World: Connecting End-Effector Design, Sensitivity, and Behavior

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Call for Contributions IROS18 Workshop: Hands in the Real World: Connecting End-Effector Design, Sensitivity, and Behavior

Francesca Negrello

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to invite you to contribute to the ​full-day ​workshop "Hands in the Real World: Connecting End-Effector Design, Sensitivity, and Behavior" ​ ​to  be held on October 1st in Madrid, Spain, along with the 2018 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS18).
​This workshop focuses on the field application of robotic end-effectors, lying at the intersection of cutting-edge hardware, behavior and sensitivity. We believe that, to overcome traditional end-effector limitations, it is essential to create interconnections between these pillars of robot design.

​Confirmed speakers: ​
Oliver Brock ​(TU Berlin), Mark Cutkosky (Stanford), Aaron Dollar (Yale), Kevin Galloway (Vanderbilt), Rebecca Kramer (Yale), Maximo Roa (DLR), Alberto Rodriguez (MIT) and Yu Sun (U South Florida).
​CALL FOR CONTRIBUTORS​

We intend to foster active discussion and participation from all workshop participants: speakers, exhibitors, audience.
​​
​This is a call for demonstration exhibitors and poster presentations. Please note that selected contributors will be awarded with 15 minute podium-style speaking slots.

We encourage all to apply at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__edg.berkeley.edu_iros2018workshop_&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=3PNakh6no1yovsW-7vPiPIINsuRgsDLGJmaxwa8E2DM&s=AwEJwbT0FT1WmyfhU6tRWO571vXUjaUpXd0lGZR4-9A&e=<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__edg.berkeley.edu_iros2018workshop_&d=DwMFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=FJJ9LEjis4jKB2jit7FRv2ZIGbk4RASbtnOLQQInZxc&s=dmy6boRduV40Vo2579OJzYf5rKErMx7ekFxZEu-Hq4w&e=>.

Deadline to apply: September 1, 2018
Notification of acceptance: September 10, 2018.

We look forward to seeing you in Madrid!

Hannah Stuart, University of California at Berkeley
Francesca Negrello, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia
Manuel Giuseppe Catalano, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia