[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Call for Contributions - REMINDER - IROS 2018 Workshop - Hand-Shaking Advanced Control in Marine Robotics Applications

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Call for Contributions - REMINDER - IROS 2018 Workshop - Hand-Shaking Advanced Control in Marine Robotics Applications

Enrica Zereik-2
***** APOLOGIES FOR MULTIPLE POSTING *****

Dear Colleagues,

this is a gentle reminder to invite you to actively participate to the
IROS 2018 Workshop “Hand-Shaking Advanced Control in Marine Robotics
Applications”

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.reproducibleroboticsresearch.org_iros2018marineroboticscontrolworkshop&d=DwIDaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=YruXK33izj6JDKSQDrqfo6VJJJtiFUtVijJEJHN-gcU&s=W7rRfCT5XzFFU92eNFMeS26uVd3qZed5xF4xm4IcTcY&e=

The half-day workshop will be held on October, 5th in Madrid, Spain, in
conjunction with the 2018 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on
Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2018).

We are looking for last minute proposals and statements on the topic. We
will accept posters and we will select the best ones for oral
presentation. If you are interested send a title and a 300 word abstract.

Contributions are due within July 31st. Acceptance notification will be
sent within August 7th.
Please send your proposals to Enrica Zereik ([hidden email])
and/or Fabio Bonsignorio ([hidden email]).

*Important dates*

*July 31st: *Submission of abstracts*
**
**August 7th: *Notification of acceptance*
**
**October 5th: *Workshop

The very aim of this workshop is the fostering of new ideas and
discussion, by teaming together researchers and practitioners from
Control Theory and Engineering and Marine Robotics communities.

We already have valuable confirmed speakers: Prof. Oussama Khatib
(Stanford University), Prof. Gianluca Antonelli (University of Cassino
and Southern Lazio), Prof. Kristin Y. Pettersen (NTNU), Prof. Luis
Santiago Garrido (UC3M), Prof. Fabio Bonsignorio (The BioRobotics
Institute, Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna).

Speakers will give a lecture of about 15-20 minutes, depending on how
many abstracts are selected.

There will be also time for open discussion, aiming to frame a factual
dialogue between communities..

We are now at a point where it would be really useful and fruitful to
exchange perspectives and ideas, in order to foster advancements in the
field. Indeed, Marine Robotics is posing new challenges that can be
solved together with the Control Theory and Engineering community, who
in turn can benefit from these new challenges to evolve control
methodologies.

The workshop will deal with current challenges in their field and
requirements for advanced guidance navigation and control systems of
marine platforms. More specifically, topics will range from robots for
deep ocean exploration, underwater manipulation, human-robot
collaboration and biomimetics applied to marine applications, as well as
advanced control theory and algorithms with strong applications to the
field.

We will discuss these issues and we welcome your opinions on the topic!

All the best

Enrica Zereik and Fabio Bonsignorio

--
Enrica Zereik, Ph.D.
Robotics, Automation and Control Engineer & Researcher

CNR - INM
Via De Marini 6, 16149 Genova, Italy
Off. : +39 010 6475641
Fax : +39 010 6475600
Skype: enrica.zereik
Email: [hidden email]

---
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.avg.com&d=DwIDaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=YruXK33izj6JDKSQDrqfo6VJJJtiFUtVijJEJHN-gcU&s=reZ6-96de-npM0jayfjCefJ3we-g1gvVYhviQl3RCrI&e=