[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Call for Demos: AAMAS 2019
CALL FOR DEMOS: AAMAS 2019
Eighteenth International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent
13-17 May, 2019, Montreal, Canada
Demonstration Submission: 27th of January 2019 (23:59 UTC-12)
Author Notification: 24th of February 2019 (23:59 UTC-12)
INFORMATION FOR AUTHORS
The goal of the AAMAS Demo track is to provide opportunities for
participants from academia and industry to present their latest
developments in agent-based and robotic systems. Interactive systems and
novel applications are particularly welcome.
Two “Best Demo” awards will be assigned by the Program Committee to
recognize the most innovative demo (the one with the most original and
significant research methodologies) and the best application demo (the
one with the highest impact in a real-world application).
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Systems implementing agents in real-world settings in various
application areas such as engineering (e.g., transportation, robotics,
grid), economy (e.g., e-commerce), health care, societal challenges and
- Systems supporting the development of agents which include development
environments and tools to assist developers in the specification,
design, implementation and/or testing of agent systems.
- Systems using agents to model behavior which include virtual agents,
agent based simulation systems, games and social robots.
Submissions accepted for the Demo track will be advertised on the AAMAS
website and will be included in the conference proceedings. Each Demo
submission must consist of the following elements:
Paper (maximum 4 pages):
- Pages 1-2 to describe the system to be demonstrated. The authors are
encouraged to discuss the application domain, the problem scenario, the
technology used, the agent/multi-agent techniques involved, the
innovations of the system, interactive aspects, etc.
- Page 3 should only list the bibliographic references.
- Page 4 to provide the organizers with a list of requirements for the
demo setting at the conference.
- Papers must be prepared using the AAMAS format and submitted as PDF
files. Submissions not conforming to the guidelines above will be rejected.
Video (maximum 5 minutes):
- The paper should contain a URL linking to a demonstration video of no
more than 5 minutes in duration (QuickTime or YouTube format) showing
and explaining the execution of the system.
- The video should be understandable without sound as much as possible,
as they can be played during the conference (see below). The video
should include (at the beginning and at the end) the title of the demo
and the track number provided by the submission system.
The submission and selection process for the AAMAS 2019 Demos will be
separate from that of the main conference. Each submission will be
assessed by the Demos Program Committee. The authors will receive a
brief evaluation report with the notification. The evaluation criteria are:
- Relevance to the AAMAS conference
- Significance and originality
- Video content and presentation
- Maturity and readiness of the demonstration
- Potential for public interaction
- Potential impact in the intended application domain
- Potential interest to a broader audience