demo submissions for SSRR 2018 conference is June 8.
CALL FOR ROBOT DEMOS
For details about facilities and setup please visit
The demo proposers are invited to contact the conference Demo Chair Dr.
Giuseppe Loianno for specific requests and arrangements.
IEEE International Symposium on Safety, Security, and Rescue Robotics
Aug. 6-8, 2018 University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA USA
The 2018 IEEE International Symposium on Safety, Security, and Rescue
Robotics is an international forum for furthering the study of key
issues underpinning the research of safety, security and rescue robotics
as well as solutions necessary for the fielding of robots and sensor
systems across a variety of challenging application areas. This year it
will be hosted at the University of Pennsylvania on August 6-8, 2018.
The sixteenth symposium in the series welcomes submissions of *robot
demonstrations* for all types of safety, security, and rescue
applications such as disaster response, mitigation and recovery; rapid
and secure inspection of critical infrastructure; detection of chemical,
biological and radiological risks, and operations in these dangerous
sites. The symposium will create a unique opportunity for development
and exchange of research ideas and technical solutions.
As always, emergency responders and other expected users will be
involved in presentations and discussions to ensure the practical
relevance of technology developments for actual usage.
SSRR encourages submissions of novel and innovative work focused on
traditional and emerging areas and applications in safety, security, and
rescue robotics. Topics for robot demonstrations, include:
- Autonomous search and rescue
- Casualty assessment, care and extraction
- Communications for reliable data transfer
- Detection and mitigation of chemical, biological, radiological,
nuclear and explosive (CBRNE) events
- Humanitarian applications
- Human-robot interaction and interfaces
- Inspection of critical infrastructure
- Intelligent behaviors to improve robot performance and survivability
- Multi-agent coordination
- Novel sensors and mechanisms
- Nuclear decommissioning
- Perception for navigation, hazard detection, and victim identification
- Robotics and Automation for safety and security
- Safety standards for robots and systems
- SLAM in complex and/or extreme environments
Robot Demonstrations are welcome and will be incorporated into the
program if accepted. Please submit a one page description of how your
demonstration will be compelling for safety, security, or rescue robot
developers and users to see, along with images and a video of the
demonstration (MPEG file s up to10 MB).
- Jun 8, 2018 Submission of Late Breaking Reports (LBR) and Robot Demos
- Jun 15, 2018 Notification of LBR and Robot Demo acceptance
On behalf of the organizing committee
Dr. Giuseppe Loianno
Research Scientist and Team leader
University of Pennsylvania
Main organizer of the UAVs Agile-Navigation workshop IROS 2017 in Canada
robotics-worldwide mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|