[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Call for Papers IROS18 Workshop: Soft Robotic Modeling and Control: Bringing Together Articulated Soft Robots and Soft-Bodied Robots

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Call for Papers IROS18 Workshop: Soft Robotic Modeling and Control: Bringing Together Articulated Soft Robots and Soft-Bodied Robots

Robert Katzschmann
Dear Colleagues,

We would like to invite you to contribute to the IROS18 Workshop “Soft Robotic Modeling and Control: Bringing Together Articulated Soft Robots and Soft-Bodied Robots” (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__softcontrol.mit.edu_&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=Wxe6lPDO3F0Phx_cTn-GVGcNvKBdH_oIbtdrqLoQ5aQ&s=Gh9iZd4L4yNnEe_7ItXzGF7igI76RnSYtXj8QDdCeBY&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__softcontrol.mit.edu_&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=Wxe6lPDO3F0Phx_cTn-GVGcNvKBdH_oIbtdrqLoQ5aQ&s=Gh9iZd4L4yNnEe_7ItXzGF7igI76RnSYtXj8QDdCeBY&e=>).

The full-day workshop will be held on October 5th in Madrid, Spain, in conjunction with the 2018 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2018).

The main aim of the workshop is to inspire new approaches in modeling and control of articulated and continuum soft robots. We will bring together recognized experts in these areas, trying to answer questions such as: to which extent techniques and principles developed for articulated soft robots can be extended to the control of continuously deformable soft robots? Similarly, what methods developed for soft-bodied robots find application on articulated robots? What are the remaining problems for modeling and controlling soft robots that will require a specific treatment and analysis? Which are the new challenges in these fields? The selected experts will give talks on the relevant topics.

Confirmed Speakers by areas:
Articulated Soft Robot Control: Alin Albu-Schäffer, Stefano Stramigioli, Sami Haddadin, Alessandro De Luca, Marco Hutter
Soft-bodied Control: Cecilia Laschi, Kohei Nakajima, Nick Cheney, Daniela Rus
Soft Modeling: Federico Renda, Christian Duriez, Elias Cueto

For more informations please visit the website of the website:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__softcontrol.mit.edu_&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=Wxe6lPDO3F0Phx_cTn-GVGcNvKBdH_oIbtdrqLoQ5aQ&s=Gh9iZd4L4yNnEe_7ItXzGF7igI76RnSYtXj8QDdCeBY&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__softcontrol.mit.edu_&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=Wxe6lPDO3F0Phx_cTn-GVGcNvKBdH_oIbtdrqLoQ5aQ&s=Gh9iZd4L4yNnEe_7ItXzGF7igI76RnSYtXj8QDdCeBY&e=>
CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS
We hereby invite you to submit your short paper (2 - 4 pages in IEEE conference format) under the following link:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__easychair.org_cfp_SRMC-2DIROS18&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=Wxe6lPDO3F0Phx_cTn-GVGcNvKBdH_oIbtdrqLoQ5aQ&s=DLscYmjz9hv0kyEX7McpaDpnY-7e2HvfRRjx8PL7gx4&e=

Selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their work for a special issue, soon to be announced by a renown international robotics journal.

TOPICS OF INTERESTS
include but are not limited to:
Model-Based Control of Soft Robots
Optimal policies in stiffness regulation
Excitation of intrinsic resonance modes
Augmented control linking models of rigid robots with soft robots
FEM-based control of Soft-Bodied Robots
Passivity-based control
Nonlinear control
Modeling of Soft Robots
Minimal parameter models
Kirchhoff Models
Cosserat Models
Reduced dimension Models
Soft Contact Models
Port-Hamiltonian systems
Alternative Control Approaches for Soft Robots
Learning control in Soft Robots
Evolutionary Soft Robots
Co-design of morphology and control

IMPORTANT DATES
Submission deadline of short papers: July 31st, 2018
Notification of acceptance: August 15th, 2018

For any question you may have please do not hesitate to contact us at: [hidden email]

We are looking forward to seeing you at the workshop!

Kind regards,

Robert Katzschmann, CSAIL - MIT
Cosimo Della Santina, Centro E. Piaggio - University of Pisa
Daniela Rus, CSAIL - MIT

We would like to invite you to contribute to the IROS18 Workshop “Soft Robotic Modeling and Control: Bringing Together Articulated Soft Robots and Soft-Bodied Robots” (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__softcontrol.mit.edu_&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=vnPfLeF_Y92rLteZ72eBRheGQwtHllHaVILn0LKbxgM&s=aXvYIEWPXMop1-zGDazcrglrpFyjYzuAmJqJFXCAtt8&e=).

[...]

We hereby invite you to submit your short paper (2 - 4 pages in IEEE conference format) for presentation at the workshop under the following link:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__easychair.org_cfp_SRMC-2DIROS18&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=vnPfLeF_Y92rLteZ72eBRheGQwtHllHaVILn0LKbxgM&s=rXMojGY8N17_DDHp-Wz3CSgrJ3HrxJOtoUy8Q8pgs9w&e=

[...]

and