[robotics-worldwide] [meetings]Call for Participation: 3rd SPAR Workshop at IROS

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings]Call for Participation: 3rd SPAR Workshop at IROS

Eren Erdal Aksoy-2
*3rd Workshop on Semantic Policy and Action Representations for Autonomous
Robots (SPAR)*

-------------------------------------
Date:        Oct 5th, 2018
Time:        09:00 - 18:00
Location:  Madrid Municipal Conference Centre, Madrid, Spain
Room:      BRUSELAS (Room 4.L1)
Website:  https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__sites.google.com_view_spar2018_home&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=reEWSffz3Pcoooegmlb3WZBIiLpSi5J_Op84d9sxjxk&s=9M2qb4LdNVxLCLNqwLs34lpJezwLWA-ZG70wJ2t9_fI&e=

-------------------------------------

Dear Colleagues,

you are invited to participate to our full-day workshop "*Semantic Policy
and Action Representations for Autonomous Robots (SPAR)*". This third
edition of our SPAR workshop focuses on new technologies that allow robots
to learn generic semantic models for different manipulation tasks. In this
workshop, we will bring together researchers from diverse fields, including
robotics, computer vision, and machine learning in order to overview the
most recent scientific achievements and the next break-through topics, and
also to propose new directions in the field.

*Confirmed speakers (in alphabetical order)*

Anelia Angelova (Google Brain)

David Hogg (University of Leeds)

Elin Anna Topp (Lund University)

Giorgio Metta (Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia)

Sinan Kalkan (METU)

Karinne Ramirez-Amaro (Technische Universit√§t M√ľnchen)

Yezhou Yang (Arizona State University)

Yu Sun (University of South Florida)

We very much look forward to seeing you in Madrid!

Best wishes,

On behalf of the organizers,

Eren Aksoy

--
Eren Erdal Aksoy
Assistant Professor

Visiting Scholar
Volvo Group Trucks Technology
Environment Perception, Vehicle Automation

P O Box 823, Room E526
SE-301 18 Halmstad, Sweden

Office: +46 35-1671 21
Mobile: +46 729 77 36 51
E-Mail:[hidden email]
E-Mail:[hidden email]
Web:https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__islab.hh.se_mediawiki_Eren-5FErdal-5FAksoy&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=reEWSffz3Pcoooegmlb3WZBIiLpSi5J_Op84d9sxjxk&s=bdfxOtRmaMYLgZCr7lpgFJ06TOR9Ic0hLTAu43iJwv4&e=