[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Call for Participation and Last Minute Contributions - IROS 2018 Workshop Hands in the Real World

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Call for Participation and Last Minute Contributions - IROS 2018 Workshop Hands in the Real World

Francesca Negrello

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to invite you to contribute to the ​full-day ​workshop "Hands in the Real World: Connecting End-Effector Design, Sensitivity, and Behavior" ​ ​to  be held on October 1st in Madrid, Spain, along with the 2018 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS18).

​This workshop focuses on the field application of robotic end-effectors, lying at the intersection of cutting-edge hardware, behavior and sensitivity. We believe that, to overcome traditional end-effector limitations, it is essential to create interconnections between these pillars of robot design.

​Confirmed speakers: ​
Oliver Brock ​(TU Berlin), Mark Cutkosky (Stanford), Aaron Dollar (Yale), Kevin Galloway (Vanderbilt), Rebecca Kramer (Yale), Maximo Roa (DLR), Alberto Rodriguez (MIT) and Yu Sun (U South Florida).
​ ​
​CALL FOR CONTRIBUTORS​

We intend to foster active discussion and participation from all workshop participants: speakers, exhibitors, audience.
​​
​This is a call for demonstration exhibitors and poster presentations. Please note that selected contributors will be awarded with 15 minute podium-style speaking slots.

We encourage all to apply at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__edg.berkeley.edu_iros2018workshop_&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=dPBC1YE3tvY3WfB7yZHV7nAnB9b8oOn_4-NT0XuuxW4&s=2DYPm0XvTs6VP2Pl2FYZFWGGzz5T64EL1VdVRgdMEXU&e=<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__edg.berkeley.edu_iros2018workshop_&d=DwMFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=FJJ9LEjis4jKB2jit7FRv2ZIGbk4RASbtnOLQQInZxc&s=dmy6boRduV40Vo2579OJzYf5rKErMx7ekFxZEu-Hq4w&e=>.

We look forward to seeing you in Madrid!

Hannah Stuart, University of California at Berkeley
Francesca Negrello, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia
Manuel Giuseppe Catalano, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia