[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Call for Participation and Last Minute Contributions - IROS 2018 Workshop - Hand-Shaking Advanced Control in Marine Robotics Applications

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Call for Participation and Last Minute Contributions - IROS 2018 Workshop - Hand-Shaking Advanced Control in Marine Robotics Applications

Fabio Bonsignorio-5
***** APOLOGIES FOR MULTIPLE POSTING *****

Dear Colleagues,

this is to invite you to actively participate to the IROS 2018 Workshop
*“Hand-Shaking Advanced Control in Marine Robotics Applications” *

The half-day workshop will be held on October, 5th in Madrid, Spain, in
conjunction with the 2018 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent
Robots and Systems (IROS 2018).

The talk program is here:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.reproducibleroboticsresearch.org_iros2018marineroboticscontrolworkshop&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=6sepZkVJ_lZs6IWypRu143CFhdYQI5gUtWAXFKXt3lg&s=Ju0tecvY8Ey0oVo5J6H9_sH_alFDYqS7WqCfWVAcR2E&e=

We are looking for last minute contibutions s and statements on the topic.
We will accept posters and we will select the best ones for oral
presentation. If you are interested send a title and a 300 word abstract.

Contributions are due within *July 31st*. Acceptance notification will be
sent on a rolling bases until September 20th.

****

_The most interesting contibutions will be invited to contribute to
post-proceedings in the form of a special issue/article collection on a
top-tier journal._

****

Please send your proposals to Enrica Zereik ([hidden email]) and/or
Fabio Bonsignorio ([hidden email]).

*Important dates*
Septemebr 20th: Last accepance date.

October 5th: Workshop

The very aim of this workshop is the fostering of new ideas and discussion,
by teaming together researchers and practitioners from  Control Theory and
Engineering and Marine Robotics communities.

There will be also time for open discussion, aiming to frame a factual
dialogue between communities..

We are now at a point where it would be really useful and fruitful to
exchange perspectives and ideas, in order to foster advancements in the
field. Indeed, Marine Robotics is posing new challenges that can be solved
together with the Control Theory and Engineering community, who in turn can
benefit from these new challenges to evolve control methodologies.

The workshop will deal with current challenges in their field and
requirements for advanced guidance navigation and control systems of marine
platforms. More specifically, topics will range from robots for deep ocean
exploration, underwater manipulation, human-robot collaboration and
biomimetics applied to marine applications, as well as advanced control
theory and algorithms with strong applications to the field.

We will discuss these issues and we welcome your opinions on the topic!

All the best

Fabio an Enrica

--
CONFIDENTIAL AND PRE-DECISIONAL INFORMATION

Fabio P. Bonsignorio

IEEE Senior Member

Associate Editor IEEE Robotics & Automation Magazine

IROS 2018 Chair for Enterpreneurship

Visiting Professor
Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, Pisa, Italy
The BioRobotics Institute
viale Rinaldo Piaggio 34, 56025 Pontedera (Pisa)
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__sssa.bioroboticsinstitute.it&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=6sepZkVJ_lZs6IWypRu143CFhdYQI5gUtWAXFKXt3lg&s=P7a6t1heX-VUnKSAd3fjJ-QTSWXR8bp7tnn-RYrpavc&e=

Ceo
Heron Robots s.r.l.
Via Malta, 3/7
I-16121 Genova
Italy
www.heronrobots.com

Research Board of Directors Member
euRobotics aisbl
www.eu-robotics.net

Founding Past Director
euRobotics aisbl

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Call for Participation and Last Minute Contributions - IROS 2018 Workshop - Hand-Shaking Advanced Control in Marine Robotics Applications

Fabio Bonsignorio-3

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.reproducibleroboticsresearch.org_iros2018marineroboticscontrolworkshop&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=v73phn_mkS2rEaV1ZSCEYuLTOk0Odvtu3-p3AmXmYu8&s=LvVctz2ZPhRf7XSlRiepTg4zVxMXIavYuLgTvF1Lw1Q&e=

We are looking for last minute contibutions s and statements on the topic.
We will accept posters and we will select the best ones for oral
presentation. If you are interested send a title and a 300 word abstract.

Contributions are due within *July 31st*. Acceptance notification will be
sent on a rolling bases until September 20th.

****

_The most interesting contibutions will be invited to contribute to
post-proceedings  in the new Research Topic in Frontiers in Robotics and
AI, see here for more details and updated info:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.frontiersin.org_research-2Dtopics_8839_advanced-2Dcontrol-2Dmethods-2Din-2Dmarine-2Drobotics-2Dapplications&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=v73phn_mkS2rEaV1ZSCEYuLTOk0Odvtu3-p3AmXmYu8&s=lAcv9z5XxW5WhBuBH9QkFSPTOzt6FDNeLf8xNcmlOLc&e=
_

****

Please send your proposals to Enrica Zereik ([hidden email]) and/or
Fabio Bonsignorio ([hidden email]).

*Important dates*
September  20th: Last accepance date.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__sssa.bioroboticsinstitute.it&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=v73phn_mkS2rEaV1ZSCEYuLTOk0Odvtu3-p3AmXmYu8&s=699fVFwZdc9ZgdP8t3Um-eQJNVxduzbuExAlUwTnO8I&e=

Ceo
Heron Robots s.r.l.
Via Malta, 3/7
I-16121 Genova
Italy
www.heronrobots.com

Research Board of Directors Member
euRobotics aisbl
www.eu-robotics.net

Founding Past Director
euRobotics aisbl

Banco de Santander-Universidad Carlos III de Madrid  Chair of Excellence in
Robotics
(2010)