Quantcast

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Call for contribution: RSS17 Workshop on POMDPs in Robotics: State of The Art, Challenges, and Opportunities

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Call for contribution: RSS17 Workshop on POMDPs in Robotics: State of The Art, Challenges, and Opportunities

Hanna Kurniawati-2
Call for Late Breaking Results
RSS 2017 Workshop on POMDPs in Robotics: State of The Art, Challenges, and Opportunities

Contribution due *extended to*: May 22nd, 2017
Notification: June 12th, 2017
Workshop: July 15th, 2017

Workshop Overview

Autonomous robots must be able make good decisions in the presence of sensor and outcome uncertainty. The Partially Observable Markov Decision Process (POMDP) is a general and principled framework to address such decision problems. POMDP-based methods have been used widely in robotics, with a number of successes and failures. The main objective of this workshop is to bring researchers together to discuss the recent developments in POMDPs and the remaining open problems that limit their applicability. We will explore if POMDPs can become an “everyday tool” in robotics. We will discuss the reasons why this hasn't happened yet and what we can do to overcome these roadblocks. We will also discuss existing applications of POMDPs in robotics, existing tools for solving POMDPs, the “tips and tricks” in applying POMDPs to physical robots, and discuss the gap between theory and practice. We hope to bring together researchers working on POMDP-based methods from theory to applications in order to share knowledge and explore ways to incorporate new methods and identify interesting new problems to tackle.

Confirmed invited speakers:
David Hsu (NUS)
Jonathan How (MIT)
Leslie P. Kaelbling (MIT)