Two types of submissions are accepted: full papers (up to 8 pages) and extended abstracts (up to 2 pages). The accepted full papers will be presented orally while accepted extended abstracts will be presented as posters. A selection of the best submissions will be invited to submit extended versions as book chapters to be published by Springer.
• Full papers and extended abstracts submission - 15 of August 2017 (extended)
• Acceptance notification: 22 of August 2017
CONFERENCE TOPICS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING
• autonomy and liability
• ethical principles in robotics
• defining ethical guidelines for the design, use and operation of robots
• enhancement technologies: ethical issues
• privacy and the management of personal data
• ethical frameworks: universal or region specific?
• what does “safety” stand for in robotic systems?
• safety standards in robotics – scope and key definitions
• the role of industry and society in the definition of safety standards
• legal frameworks: the main topics to be addressed by legislators