We invite participation in a workshop at the 2017 IEEE/RSJ International
Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2017) (Vancouver,
Canada), entitled: "Physical Human-Robot & Human-Telerobot Interaction:
From Theory to Application for Neuro-rehabilitation" that will be held
September 28, 2017.
>> Click here for IROS 2017 Workshops
>> Click here for this Workshop
Topics of Interest:
* Safety and stability of physical human-robot and human-telerobot
* Assist-as-needed strategies in robotic/telerobotic rehabilitation
* Control of human-centered robotic/telerobotic systems for
rehabilitation and assistance
* Machine learning for human-centered robotic rehabilitation,
assistance and assessment
* Cooperative and multi-player systems for robotic/telerobotic
rehabilitation and assistance
* In-home/remote robotic rehabilitation, assistance and sensorimotor
Call for Posters: We invite participants to present their recent research
on the topic of the workshop in the form of posters. One-page proposals in
the standard format for the IEEE IROS conference for poster presentations
should be submitted before September 4, 2017. All submissions will be
judged based on relevance to the workshop topic, technical quality, and
novelty. Authors of accepted abstracts are expected to attend the workshop
and to present their work as posters during the interactive session. Please
send your poster to [hidden email]
* Neville Hogan, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA.
* Todd Murphey, Northwestern University, USA.
* Panagiotis Artemiadis, Arizona State University, USA.
* Dario Farina, Imperial College, UK.
* Etienne Burdet, Imperial College London, UK.
* Damiano Zanotto, Stevens Institute of Technology, USA.
* Dana Kulic, University of Waterloo, Canada.
* Carlo Menon, Simon Fraser University, Canada.
* Sami Haddadin, Leibniz University of Hanover, Germany.
* James Patton, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA.
* Mahdi Tavakoli, University of Alberta, Canada.
* Mahya Shahbazi, University of Western Ontario, Canada.
* S. Farokh Atashzar, University of Western Ontario, Canada
About the Workshop: This full day workshop will present recent developments
in enhancing human-robot interaction in advanced intelligent
robotic/telerobotic systems for movement rehabilitation and assistance. We
aim to focus particularly on issues related to physical and kinesthetic
interaction between patients and robots. The workshop will discuss a broad
range of related subjects including safety, smart autonomy, mathematical
modeling, instrumentation and intelligent control algorithms. All of these
will be in the context of patient-centered robotic/telerobotic systems for
use in rehabilitation and assistance.
Workshop Organizers and Technical Committee:
* Dr. S. Farokh Atashzar, Email: [hidden email]
* Dr. Mahya Shahbazi, Email: [hidden email]
* Prof. Mahdi Tavakoli, Email: [hidden email]
* Prof. Rajni Patel, Email: [hidden email]
*S. Farokh Atashzar, Ph.D.*
*Postdoctoral Research Associate, *
*Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Control Technologies (REACT),*
*and Canadian Surgical Technologies & Advanced Robotics (CSTAR), *
*Department of **Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Western
*London, Ontario, Canada.*
*Email address (1): [hidden email] <[hidden email]>*
*Email address (2): [hidden email] <[hidden email]>*
robotics-worldwide mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|