The submission deadline for our workshop on "Haptic-enabled shared control of robotic systems: a compromise between teleoperation and autonomy" has been extended to 5th September 2018 .
As teleoperation systems become more sophisticated and flexible, the environments and applications where they can be employed become less structured and predictable . This desirable evolution toward more challenging robotic tasks requires an increasing degree of training, skills, and concentration from the human operator. In this respect, shared control algorithms have been investigated as one the main tools to design complex but intuitive robotic teleoperation system, helping operators in carrying out several increasingly difficult robotic applications, such as assisted vehicle navigation, surgical robotics, brain-computer interface manipulation, rehabilitation. This approach makes possible to share the available degrees of freedom of the robotic system between the operator and an autonomous controller . The human operator is in charge of imparting high level, intuitive goals to the robotic system; while the autonomous controller translates them into inputs the robotic system can un
derstand. How to implement such division of roles between the human operator and the autonomous controller highly depends on the task, robotic system, and application. Haptic feedback and guidance have been shown to play a significant and promising role in shared control applications. For example, haptic cues can provide the user with information about what the autonomous controller is doing or is planning to do; or haptic force can be used to gradually limit the degrees of freedom available to the human operator, according to the difficulty of the task or the experience of the user.
CALL FOR PAPERS
The topics of interest include but are not limited to:
* shared control algorithms
* haptic feedback and guidance
* active constrains and virtual fixtures
* human-robot interaction
* applications in robotic teleoperation, mobile robotics, humanoid robotics, and medical robotics
We encourage the submission of 1- or 2-pages-long abstracts to: [ mailto:[hidden email] | [hidden email] ] .
All the accepted papers will have a relevant role in the workshop . In particular, the authors will be requested to perform a teaser and an interactive presentation at the workshop .
Submission Deadline: September 5th, 2018
Notification of accepted papers: September 20th, 2018
Workshop : October 1st, 2018
* Oussama Khatib (Stanford University, USA)
* Allison M. Okamura (Stanford University, USA)
* Paolo Robuffo Giordano (CNRS, France)
* Blake Hannaford (University of Washington, USA)
* David Abbink (Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands)
* Antonio Franchi (CNRS, France)
* Cristian Secchi (University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy)
* Ferdinando Rodriguez y Baena (Imperial College, United Kingdom)
* Selma Music (TUM, Germany)