CfP: ICRA 2018 Workshop on Multilegged Robots: Towards Robust Real-World Deployments
Multilegged robots have unique potential advantages over wheeled and tracked systems in regard to traversal of rough and unstructured terrain, and this has led to a growing interest and body of research in legged systems. However, there are very few actual real-world deployments of multilegged robots, and so far there has been no significant uptake of legged robots in domains such as agriculture, mining, manufacturing, environmental monitoring and others. This workshop will explore the “missing ingredients” that are holding back widespread real-world deployment of multilegged robots, and will feature both distinguished invited speakers and solicited papers.
CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS:
We invite submissions related to multilegged robots to overview the current state of the art, and to propose new directions. Submissions will be judged on novelty, scientific contribution, clarity, and relevance. We welcome submissions of 2-4 page short papers in the double-column IEEE ICRA format in the following areas:
* Multilegged robot designs for complex industrial environments or challenging outdoor terrain
* Motion planning for high DOF robots in complex, 3D environments
* Energy aware motion planning for multilegged robots
* State estimation for multilegged robots
* Control architectures for multilegged robots
Authors of accepted papers are expected to give a 3 minute oral presentation, and to present a poster at the workshop. All submissions must be original and not previously or simultaneously submitted to another venue.
All accepted presentations will be made available on the workshop website and Arxiv. After the workshop, selected authors will be invited to extend their work for submission to a special issue of a robotics journal (TBC).
If you have a robot related to your submission, we strongly encourage you to bring the robot to the workshop with you to be demonstrated. Please contact the organizers to discuss and arrange logistics.
Submission deadline: 20th March 2018
Notification of acceptance: 20th April 2018
Camera ready deadline: 5th May 2018
Final Schedule: 15th May 2018
Workshop: 21st or 25th May 2018
* Alberto Elfes - CSIRO (Large ultralight multilegged systems)
* Marco Hutter - ETHZ (Traversing natural terrain with multi-legged robots)
* Nicolas Hudson - X-The Moonshot Factory (Multilegged robots for disaster response and planetary exploration)
* Bong-Huan Jun - KRISO (Crabster project)
* Claudio Semini - IIT (HyQ-REAL quadruped from the research lab to the real world)
* Sangbae Kim - MIT (Cheetah 3: dynamic mobile platform for disaster response)
* Erwin Coumans - Google Research (Quadrupeds in Bullet Sim) - TBC
* Matt Denton - Mantis robot/Micromagic (Mantis project) - TBC
* Navinda Kottege - Senior Research Scientist, Robotics and Autonomous Systems Group, CSIRO
* Alberto Elfes - Chief Research Scientist and Research Group Leader Robotics and Autonomous Systems Group, CSIRO
* Tirthankar Bandyopadhyay - Research Scientist, Robotics and Autonomous Systems Group, CSIRO
* Marco Hutter - Professor and Head of Lab, Robotics Systems Lab, ETH Zürich
* Nicolas Hudson - Senior Roboticist, X - The Moonshot Factory Mountain
This workshop is supported by the IEEE RAS Technical Committee on Mechanisms and Design.
robotics-worldwide mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|