[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] DEADLINE EXTENSION: SCAV 2018 - 2nd Workshop on Safe Control of Autonomous Vehicles
[[ apologies if you receive multiple copies ]]
Due to several requests, we chose to extend the deadline for submission
for a week.
2nd International Workshop on
Safe Control of Autonomous Vehicles
hosted by CPS Week 2018, April 10-13, 2018, Porto, PT
# Important Dates (AoE) #
Full paper deadline: 02 Feb 2018 (NEW!)
Author notification: 28 Feb 2018
Camera-ready due: 20 Mar 2018
Workshop: 10 Apr 2018
Autonomous vehicles (AV) of any kind (e.g. road, maritime, aerial,
unmanned) and in any configuration (e.g. individual, connected,
cooperative, traffic) will provide novel services having to fulfill
strong safety requirements. For controllers of AVs and for control
schemes of AV collectives, we must
(1) guarantee safety and resilience,
(2) deliver verified system designs for (1), and
(3) enhance verification approaches for (1) & (2).
These objectives will play a decisive role in the adoption of AVs as a
consumer, transport, and mobility technology. These objectives demand
novel approaches to the analysis and assurance of local, distributed,
and supervisory controllers.
The goal of this workshop is to discuss and consolidate models,
algorithms, and verification approaches for safety and resilience of
the whole control loop of autonomous machines and machine collectives.
The task of this workshop is to identify open research problems,
discuss recent achievements, bring together researchers in,
e.g. control theory, adaptive systems, machine self-organization and
autonomy, mobile intelligent robotics, transportation, traffic
control, machine learning, software verification, and dependability
and security engineering.
For this interactive single-day workshop we plan a keynote, an
optional poster session, and a final discussion.
# Paper Categories #
* technical research or methodology (max. 8 pages incl. bib.),
* case studies (max. 8 pages incl. bib.), and
* problem statements or tools (max. 2 pages incl. bib.)
# Topics #
We kindly request contributions to (but not limited to):
** formal verification and validation (e.g. testing,
simulation, experimentation) of
* safe high-performance requirements,
* safe non-deterministic behaviors (weakest invariants),
* safe off-line and on-line machine-learnable behaviors,
* resilience against hazardous unintentional or malicious
misuse (e.g. non-vigilance, security attacks),
** formal models and design methods for
* platforms (i.e., architecture, SW, HW, network),
** verified efficient algorithms for
* incremental and online synthesis of controllers,
* optimal adaptive control,
* self-adaptation and run-time reconfiguration
for AVs and AV collectives in open environments.
# Workshop Format #
All submissions are expected to be original work not published, or in
submission, elsewhere, and will be peer-reviewed by at least three
members of the program committee for quality, relevance, and novelty.
Accepted papers will be included in the electronic CPSWeek workshop
proceedings. Please, check our workshop website for updates!
# Workshop Organizers #
Mario Gleirscher (U York, UK)
Stefan Kugele (TU Munich, DE)
Sven Linker (U Liverpool, UK)