Quantcast

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] ERF 2017 Workshop on Robotics in Mining.

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] ERF 2017 Workshop on Robotics in Mining.

Krzysztof Walas
Dear roboticists,

we would like to draw your attention to the ERF 2017 Workshop on
Robotics in Mining. The topic this year is: "Where We Are and Where We
Want to Be".

The workshop will take place on Thursday 23 of March 2017 at 16.15 in
room Ochil I.

The event is a chance for the roboticists to meet leading experts from
the mining industry and also learn about mining related robotic projects.

The Workshop features five invited talks with a balanced contribution
from industry and academia.

1. Driving license for autonomous heavy machines - Juha Röning,
University of Oulu

  2. Mobile robots for industrial hazardous areas - implementation,
  research projects, inventions - Maciej Cader, Industrial Research
  Institute for Automation and Measurements

3. Sandvik Automation for Mobile Work Machines in Underground Mining -
Jarkko Ruokojärvi, Sandvik

4. Good habits in construction of underground data networks for the
needs of automation and robotisation of mining processes - Karol
Bartodziej, Famur SA

5. Mining-RoX: Robots for Virtualization of Underground Mines - Steve
Grehl, TU Bergakademie Freiberg

I would like to emphasise that the mining sector is a very promising
field of application for autonomous systems and our Workshop is an
excellent chance to get some understanding of the challenges posed by
this domain.

The workshop is organized by euRobotics Topic Group Robotics in Mining.
If you are interested in  joining our group please fill free to contact
us in person during ERF 2017 or send us an e-mail.

Workshop organizers:

Piotr Kasza, AGH University of Science and Technology
Krzysztof Walas, Poznan University of Technology
Radoslaw Zimroz, Wroclaw University of Technology

We are looking forward to seeing you at the Workshop.