We are excited to announce the first edition of the workshop “Robotics for Occupational Safety & Health in Industrial Environments” (ROSHIE 2019). The goal of this workshop is to capture and highlight recent trends in the field of robotics for occupational safety and health (OSH). The OSH paradigm recognizes the direct and indirect consequences, both human and economic, of work-related accidents and disorders. Successful OSH practices, especially in labour-intensive and hazardous work environments, address issues ranging from industrial hygiene, engineering safety, ergonomics, exposure to toxicity, radiation, and explosions, among others. As two separate issues, efforts in OSH have to address “health” and “safety” both individually and concurrently.
The contributors of this workshop will have the opportunity to share their experiences and latest results testing robotic technologies for occupational safety and health. The workshop will provide a forum to discuss new strategies that can be adopted towards real-world deployments of robotics systems for OSH.
[Call for Abstracts]
The workshop invites contributions (extended abstracts, max 2 pages) presenting original research related with one or more of the following topics:
- Exoskeletons, Exosuits, Wearable Robotics, Soft Wearables, Biomimetic & Dynamic Control, Industrial heavy-lifting tasks;
- Remote Robotic Teleoperation, Humanoids & Legged Robots, Remote Sensing and Perception, 3D Visualization, VR, & AR, AI & Deep Learning, Haptic Master Devices, Bilateral Bi-manual Telemanipulation, Disaster Response, Nuclear Decommissioning, Real-world deployments.
[Submission Details] (SUBMISSION DEADLINE - NOVEMBER 10, 2019)
- To submit the extended abstract, please visit the workshop webpage and access the template. The template contains further details on submission - format, where-to-send, etc.
- The abstract submission deadline is NOVEMBER 10, 2019
- The acceptance notification shall be on NOVEMBER 20, 2019
- The accepted abstracts will be invited to be presented at the workshop as posters. The poster template shall also be made available on the workshop website
- At least one of the authors of the selected abstracts will be required to attend the workshop to be included in the poster presentation session
- Included in the workshop schedule is a short 3-min poster call-out, allowing the author to advertise their poster before the poster session