[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Haptics Symposium 2020: CCC Topics and Call for Individual Submissions

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Haptics Symposium 2020: CCC Topics and Call for Individual Submissions

Fitter, Naomi

C A L L   F O R P A R T I C I P A T I O N

Cross-Cutting Challenges Interaction Discussion Submissions

2020 IEEE Haptics Symposium

March 28-31 in Washington, DC, USA

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.hapticssymposium.org&d=DwIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=8U3TEHJRNXE7AjvrnCEP0csxDkcPY2SEQoEooCuVVjA&s=WoSD-OR8jNkCpZvSxebIeESwOuJWORNR68jZpX9Staw&e=

CROSS-CUTTING CHALLENGES THEME SELECTIONS

The 2020 IEEE Haptics Symposium includes a unique event, first introduced
in 2018, devoted to Cross-Cutting Challenges (CCC). The first day of the
conference will be devoted to two CCC sessions, which are intended to bring
people together to focus on interdisciplinary challenges calling for united
solutions.

Each CCC features keynotes and interactive discussions.Drawn from our open
call, two CCC themes were selected:

CCC1: Oh What a Feeling! Toward Haptic Deepening of Affective Connections -
From Neuroscience To Design

Organizers: Gregory Gerling (University of Virginia) and Karon Maclean
(University of British Columbia)

CCC2: Using the Skin as a Medium for Communication

Organizers: Lynette Jones (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), Hong Z.
Tan (Purdue University), Charlotte M. Reed (Massachusetts Institute of
Technology)

CALL FOR INTERACTIVE DISCUSSION SUBMISSIONS (due November 26, 2019)

We invite researchers to apply to deliver interactive discussions (about 15
per theme session).

Those submitting must be a faculty member and/or independent researcher
holding a Ph.D. or equivalent degree. Interactive Discussion Proposals are
due November 26, 2019.  Interested participants should submit a PDF
document specifying the relevant CCC theme and then include the title of
their interactive discussion topic, a short description of up to 500 words,
and a list of relevant and recent publications that will be discussed in
their presentation.

Please submit your proposal to the organizers of the respective CCC:

CCC1: Haptic Deepening of Affective Connections: Gregory Gerling,
[hidden email]

CCC2: Skin as a Medium for Communication: Lynette Jones, [hidden email]

More information is available at:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__2020.hapticssymposium.org_presenting_cross-2Dcutting-2Dchallenges_&d=DwIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=8U3TEHJRNXE7AjvrnCEP0csxDkcPY2SEQoEooCuVVjA&s=Z9EFl3o72TmMtbRFAv7klyx0gOe2KYVJkbR6wQdWQpc&e=