[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] ICCV Workshop: PoseTrack Challenge

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] ICCV Workshop: PoseTrack Challenge

Anton Milan
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION:

ICCV Workshop: PoseTrack Challenge -
Human Pose Estimation and Tracking in the Wild
October 23, 2017, Venice, Italy

Half day workshop in conjunction with ICCV 2017
Web: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__posetrack.net_workshops_iccv2017&d=DwICaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=e7g7njSOUrS7BMeOnY49ssYCSORJw-HlYZxPxjBoQmU&s=s2tVyWkxtzTTRPxJd6TJ4GGzktGHV7Xm8H6K9Swc0XA&e=

Dear Colleagues,

we would like to invite you to participate in the PoseTrack Challenge
competition and workshop. The workshop will take place on October
23rd, 2017 in Venice, Italy in conjunction with ICCV'17.

The main goals of the workshop is to introduce a new large-scale
benchmark for articulated pose estimation and tracking in real-world
videos, and to discuss the current state of the art and future
directions in visual human analysis.

The workshop will be organized around a challenge with three
competition tracks focusing on single frame multi-person pose
estimation, multi-person pose estimation in video, and multi-person
articulated tracking. To facilitate such benchmark and challenge we
collect, annotate and release a new dataset that features videos with
multiple people labeled with person tracks, articulated pose and
occlusion labels. A centralized evaluation server will be set up to
allow participants to evaluate on a held-out test set.

To participate in the PoseTrack 2017 Challenge you must:

1. By September 15, 2017, submit your results to the
   evaluation server, and
2. By September 22, 2017, submit a short paper of maximum 4 pages
   describing your method and your results on the PoseTrack benchmark.

We encourage submissions based both on existing as well as novel
techniques. The submitted short papers will be peer reviewed in a
double-blind review process. The goal of the review process will be to
verify that submissions (1) satisfy basic criteria of clarity and
readability as expected from papers submitted to ICCV and (2) include
description of results on the PoseTrack benchmark. Only submission
entries that passed the peer review and will qualify for winning the
challenge.

The challenge winners be will offered an opportunity to present their
results during the PoseTrack workshop and will be awarded prizes
provided by our industry sponsor. We will also award an additional
prize for the best paper describing a competition entry. Please refer
to the 'important dates' section for submission deadlines.

We are looking forward to seeing your submissions and to
welcoming you in Venice.

---------------
IMPORTANT DATES
---------------

PoseTrack Train+Val Pre-Release: July 15, 2017
PoseTrack Full Benchmark Release: August 15, 2017
PoseTrack Evaluation Server Opening: August 15, 2017

Results Submission: September 15, 2017
Paper Submission: September 22, 2017

Notification of Acceptance: October 6, 2017
Workshop Date: October 23, 2017

---------
POSETRACK
---------

PoseTrack is a new large-scale benchmark for human pose
estimation and tracking in video. We provide a publicly
available training and validation set as well as an
evaluation server for benchmarking on a held-out test set.

More details on the dataset, annotation and evaluation
will be available soon. The key facts are as follows:
* ~500 video sequences
* ~20,000 frames
* ~120,000 body pose annotations
* 3 Challenges
  - Single-frame pose estimation
  - Pose estimation in videos
  - Pose tracking in the wild
* Release date: August 15, 2017

----
DATA
----
It is important to note that what you can find online now
is only a preliminary version of the entire dataset.
You may now download the images and a subset of all labels
for the train and validation splits. We are working hard on
the final release, which is estimated to happen in August 2017.
With this pre-release, you will be able to familiarize yourself
with the data. We will also open the evaluation server very soon
at which point you will be able to submit your results on the
validation set.

We will start accepting Challenge submissions after the final
dataset release until September 15, 2017.
Please refer to the important dates above.

To download the data, please register/login on https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__posetrack.net&d=DwICaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=e7g7njSOUrS7BMeOnY49ssYCSORJw-HlYZxPxjBoQmU&s=uCimmzVBjAEhrPMdHxxO80i-4nuy9n2CXm3PgHZZ26w&e=
and navigate to the `Data` page. Currently, we have released
version 0.5 of the train/val set annotations. These will be updated
shortly to include more labels and we will announce future releases
via e-mail.

Kind Regards
The PoseTrack Team

Mykhaylo Andriluka, Umar Iqbal, Anton Milan, Eldar Insafutdinov,
Leonid Pishchulin, Juergen Gall, Bernt Schiele,

Stay informed by subscribing to the PoseTrack newsletter on the website
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__posetrack.net&d=DwICaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=e7g7njSOUrS7BMeOnY49ssYCSORJw-HlYZxPxjBoQmU&s=nsjoeYn40TqrCUsQskLTc8svQF5lIlgudxE6gIAj8-k&e=