[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Invitation to present at ICRA 2018 workshop "30 Years of Small-Scale Robotics: from Nano-, to Millimeter-Sized Robotic Systems and Applications"

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Invitation to present at ICRA 2018 workshop "30 Years of Small-Scale Robotics: from Nano-, to Millimeter-Sized Robotic Systems and Applications"

Aaron Ohta
Dear Colleagues,

We invite you to participate in the poster session of a workshop called "30
Years of Small-Scale Robotics: from Nano-, to Millimeter-Sized Robotic
Systems and Applications." In addition to presenting the latest and
greatest with respect to small-scale robotics, the aim of the workshop is
to reflect on the progress made in the last 30 years of small-scale
robotics while postulating where the field will be 30 years from now. We
seek contributions related to all aspects of the field of small-scale
robotics. The contributions can represent new development in the field
or/and can include results reported elsewhere, providing a historic
perspective of the larger contribution to the field.

Our workshop site can be found here:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www1.ece.uic.edu_-7Epaprotny_30YearsMicrorobotics.html&d=DwIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=fE_-H9-xlR-LecuyPTiI5aNthgenwJmlwZHgezE5T5c&s=gi_5MAu_wfrZKqHZmsSQv4e6i89P1SUJi52glk2sbXY&e=

To participate in the poster session, please submit an abstract of the
proposed contribution, related to the workshop theme. The abstract should
be two pages, consisting of a description of your intended contribution,
along with representative figures and images. This abstract should be
submitted by email to the poster session organizer ([hidden email])
by February
16th 2018. We will notify of poster acceptance by February 21st 2018. Upon
acceptance of poster presentation, the authors will also have an
opportunity to submit an extended abstract or paper, which will be featured
in the workshop proceedings. This extended abstract or paper should be no
less than 4 pages long, and should be submitted by email to the organizing
committee by March 16th 2018. These extended abstracts/papers will be
archived and accessible from the workshop webpage. We are also currently in
negotiations to publish the proceedings after the conference as a book
volume, and we will let you know the details as they become available.

We look forward to your contribution to our workshop and ICRA 2018, and
look forward to hear from you by February 16th 2018.

Best regards,

Aaron Ohta

on behalf of the workshop organizers:

Igor Paprotny, University of Illinois, Chicago

Eric Diller, University of Toronto

Aaron Ohta, University of Hawaii

Li Zhang, Chinese University of Hong Kong