The 9th International Conference on Knowledge Capture
Austin, Texas, December 4-6, 2017
Twitter : @KCAP2017
** CALL FOR SHORT PAPERS **
== IMPORTANT DATES ==
At 23:59 Hawaii Time (HAST) for all deadlines
[[ Short papers, vision papers, and late breaking results papers ]]
- Submission: September 22, 2017
- Notification: October 16, 2017
- Camera-ready: October 23, 2017
[[ Conference ]]
Workshops/Tutorials: December 4, 2017
Main conference: December 5-6, 2017
== KCAP CONFERENCE ==
The 9th International Conference on Knowledge Capture aims at attracting researchers from diverse areas of Artificial Intelligence, including knowledge representation, knowledge acquisition, intelligent user interfaces, problem-solving and reasoning, planning, agents, text extraction, and machine learning, information enrichment and visualization, as well as researchers interested in cyber-infrastructures to foster the publication, retrieval, reuse, and integration of data.
Today these data come from an increasingly heterogeneous set of resources that differ with regards to their domain, media format, quality, coverage, viewpoint, bias, and so on. More than the sheer amount of these data, their heterogeneity allows us to arrive at better models and answer complex questions that cannot be addressed in isolation but require the interaction of different scientific fields or perspectives.
In most cases, knowledge is not captured as a means to an end but to, for instance, enable better user interfaces, improve retrieval beyond simple keyword search, and so forth. For K-CAP 2017, we would like to focus on the creation, enrichment, querying, and maintenance of knowledge graphs (not necessarily limited to the Semantic Web technology stack) out of heterogeneous data sources.
== TOPICS AND SUBMISSIONS ==
The 9th International Conference on Knowledge Capture, K-CAP 2017 will feature a track for short papers, vision papers, and late breaking results with a deadline in September.
The special theme of the conference this year will be on **Knowledge Graphs from Heterogeneous Data**. Therefore, we especially encourage submissions of papers on the topics such as:
* Extracting knowledge graphs from unstructured/semi-structured and multi-media data
* Summarization techniques for knowledge graphs
* Visualization of knowledge graphs and visual query interfaces
* Statistical analysis from Web data
* Services and API for knowledge graphs
* Addressing scalability issues for distributed knowledge graphs
* Provenance, trust, and credibility as they relate to knowledge graphs
* Enrichment and cleaning of knowledge graphs and alignment to existing graphs
* Hybrid approaches for knowledge capture combining knowledge engineering and machine learning
* Data dynamicity, heterogeneity, and decay in knowledge intensive systems
Submissions on more general topics, traditionally covered by the K-CAP conference series, are highly encouraged, including but not restricting to:
* Knowledge acquisition
* Knowledge authoring
* Knowledge extraction
* Knowledge management
* Knowledge publication
* Knowledge capture for the Semantic Web and the Web of Linked Data
* Knowledge capture and enrichment in specific domains such as the earth sciences
* Collaborative and social approaches to knowledge management and acquisition
* Crowdsourcing for knowledge capture and refinement
* Knowledge Capture from Social Environments and Contexts
* Mixed-initiative planning and decision-support
* Problem-solving knowledge and methods
* Knowledge-based markup techniques
* Knowledge engineering and modeling methodologies
* Narrative intelligence
* Knowledge capture through storytelling
* Provenance and trust issues in knowledge intensive systems
* Services and applications that enable or utilize data capture techniques
* Semantic search and query enrichment
* Ontology engineering and engineering methodologies
* Ontology design patterns
* Similarity measurement and Analogy-based reasoning
All papers are limited to 4 pages and should be submitted through Easychair (using https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__easychair.org_conferences_-3Fconf-3Dkcap2017&d=DwIFAw&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=XBi_G3O11qtBFK8hqP01iRndZTH9ws33aD2MGTzgmas&s=_GgzZLDjEaRiOta_WdDPLoXQ0C725dhKaKBjRX93XC0&e=) and should be formatted according to the ACM format (2 column SIG Conference Proceedings template).
== VENUE AND REGISTRATION ==
K-CAP2017 will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, in Austin, Texas.
International Airports near the Convention Center are the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (12 miles), the San Antonio International Airport (74 miles), the Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport (167 miles) and the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (215 miles).
Special room rates ($169/night for single and double usage) have been arranged for K-CAP2017. Please contact [hidden email] to request further reduced costs for accommodation.
Registration fees range from 425$ for students to 600-650$ for ACM/non-ACM SIG members, inclusive of coffee break and lunch costs, as well as special events held during the conference. Check https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__k-2Dcap2017.org_registration_&d=DwIFAw&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=XBi_G3O11qtBFK8hqP01iRndZTH9ws33aD2MGTzgmas&s=GGifTejDmNnTm6WF6uFnw3_jJpV37L3bTsWF_Iqj0L4&e= for further info.
== ORGANIZING COMMITTEE ==
* Oscar Corcho, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Spain (General chair)
* Krzysztof Janowicz, University of California, U.S.A. (Program chair)
* Giuseppe Rizzo, Istituto Superiore Mario Boella, Italy (Workshops/Tutorials chair)
* Ilaria Tiddi, The Open University, United Kingdom (Publicity chair)
* Daniel Garijo, University of Southern California, U.S.A. (Treasurer and sponsor chair)
robotics-worldwide mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|