[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] LAST REMINDER Call for Posters/Abstracts CAMS 2018 Underwater Perception Workshop
***** APOLOGIES FOR MULTIPLE POSTING *****
this is to invite you to submit an extended abstract (2 to 4 pages) for
the poster session within the IFAC CAMS 2018 Workshop on Underwater
All submissions will be peer-reviewed and selected based on their
originality, technical quality, clarity and their relevance to
**Underwater Applications**; priority will be given to **Underwater
Perception** related topics. We encourage the presentation of on-going
work and the participation of young researchers in order to promote
themselves within the community. All accepted abstracts will be made
available in the workshop website.
Contributions to the workshop may address any underwater application,
but preference will be given to the following aspects:
* Object detection and recognition in different sensor domains
(monocular and stereo camera, sonar or other acoustic sensors, etc)
* Object tracking (e.g. visual servoing, pose estimation)
* Image preprocessing for distortion removal (white-balance, dehazing,
* Sensor fusion (stereo-vision, acoustic sensors i.e. sonars,
* Environment modeling (3D mapping, octomap, study partially structured
* Simulation of marine environments and simulation in the loop
* Machine Learning/Deep Learning practices in all of the above topics
The workshop will be held in Opatija, Croatia, on September 9th, in
conjunction with the 2018 IFAC Conference on Control Applications in
Marine Systems, Robotics and Vehicles (CAMS 2018).
The very aim of this workshop is the fostering of new ideas and
discussion, by teaming together researchers and practitioners working on
Robotic Perception in Underwater Environment.
The workshop is of interest to any machine vision practitioner who
wishes to learn more about the underwater environment challenges.
We count with speakers from Centre for Maritime Research and
Experimentation(CMRE), German Research Center for Artificial
Intelligence (DFKI), BOSCH Renningen, Italian National Research Council
(CNR) and Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH.
Arturo Gomez Chavez and Enrica Zereik
Enrica Zereik, Ph.D.
Robotics, Automation and Control Engineer & Researcher