[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Last CFP: ACM Symposium on Computational Fabrication (SCF'18) in Cambridge MA, June 17-19, 2018

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Last CFP: ACM Symposium on Computational Fabrication (SCF'18) in Cambridge MA, June 17-19, 2018

Robert MacCurdy-2
Call For Submissions: 3rd Annual Symposium on Computational Fabrication
Conference Date: June 17-19th
Location: MIT building E14 hosted by the Center for Bits and Atoms,
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Website: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__scf.acm.org_&d=DwICAw&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=BN6WARlE38FKdIGh051IAFL733XCsDieva-z9Xp3_co&s=toFnPpATUgilziFS08vh_jO8ISaqi_P7cKWnKYujCh0&e=

The Symposium on Computational Fabrication (SCF), sponsored by the ACM,
provides a holistic home for new research and developments in the
interdisciplinary areas of digital manufacturing and computational
design. The theme this year is "The Next 50 Years"; we will highlight
advances in the field that will have a lasting impact, and discuss the
broader implications. We are seeking high-quality research submissions
in all areas relating to computational fabrication including (but not
limited to): computer science, engineering, materials science,
architecture, human-computer interaction, and robotics. The goal of SCF
is to advance the state-of-the-art in computational fabrication via the
exchange of new research, discussions, and collaborations and to become
the preeminent venue for such activities in the burgeoning field of
Computational Design and Fabrication.

In order to provide a general framework for the diverse topics
encompassed by SCF, we are organizing this year's sessions around the
following themes:
     - Conception: design inception, representation, discovery process,
and refinement
     - Implementation: hardware and software tools, and materials to
realize designs
     - Application: what is the real-world relevance of realized designs
     - Implication: what are the broader social impacts of applied designs

In order to attract both mature research results as well as cutting-edge
developments, the SCF will be accepting Full Papers, Extended Abstracts,
Posters, and Demos. Please see below for the submission requirements and
dates.

Extended Abstracts on Late-breaking Results
Deadline: May 25th 2018
presentation platform to present the work. These abstracts are NOT
archived as part of the ACM Digital Library, in an effort to promote
new/breaking results. We welcome discussions & presentations on recently
submitted or published work, recent results, or any other topic of
interest to the community.

Posters and Demos
Deadline: May 25th 2018
poster/demo abstracts are NOT archived as part of the ACM Digital
Library, in an effort to promote new/breaking results.

Conference Chairs
Neil Gershenfeld
Rob MacCurdy
David I.W. Levin

--
Robert MacCurdy
Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Final CFP: ACM Symposium on Computational Fabrication (SCF'18) in Cambridge MA, June 17-19, 2018

Robert MacCurdy-2
The Extended Abstract/Poster/Demo submission deadline for the Symposium
on Computational Fabrication is coming up (May 25th)!

Submit *cutting edge*, *in progress* or *recently published* work to the
SCF posters, demos or extended abstracts program (which is new this year).

Details below:

3rd Annual ACM Symposium on Computational Fabrication
Website: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__scf.acm.org_&d=DwICAw&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=pyO-scTSgGQ5I8Us-O2c5BWzV4Boz1xgZPfKFBnmLNs&s=tOxvVuiwvzo_1tcA88jfbkIne37Kg1ULPe_gEkFWixM&e=

[...]

The Extended Abstract deadline for Late-breaking results/Posters/Demos
for the ACM Symposium on Computational Fabrication is coming up
(*Deadline extended to Jun 1*)!

Website: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__scf.acm.org_&d=DwID-g&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=G6RfEuuzN4oEyCuhOK7gDa9gniFejA7Mr2eeUqhrBl8&s=Lea02WrE80gbJ0UcFzChmbbsPqQeCPCCPPDAuXIeCN0&e=