[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] RSS 2018 Early Career Spotlight Nominations

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] RSS 2018 Early Career Spotlight Nominations

Leslie Pack Kaelbling
We would like to solicit nominations for the 2018 RSS Early Career Spotlight(s).  These spotlights are given to rising stars in the robotics community, and we need your input to identify the best people in the field.

Spotlight speakers must fulfill the following two conditions:

1) No more than 10 years since PhD
2) No more than 7 years since first faculty appointment

Multiple nominations are allowed, though we want to avoid self-nominations. The RSS spotlight is awarded for independent work and impact after the PhD, so we also want to avoid nominations of people who have just completed their PhD.

Keep in mind that we would like to end with a diverse pool of candidates.

Your nomination should include:

- Name
- Link to homepage
- CV
- Date of PhD and start of faculty career (if not in the CV)
- 1-2 paragraphs describing why the person is a strong candidate (background, independent research work, impact)

It is very important that you include some short text describing why the person is a strong candidate. The Early Career Spotlight Committee reserves the right to contact distinguished members of our community to gather further information about the candidates, especially when we reach the final stage of the selection.

Please email nominations to Leslie Kaelbling [hidden email] by Friday, April 13, 2017. Subject: RSS Spotlight

For your reference, here's the list of the previous early career spotlight award speakers:

2007: Noah Cowan, Hod Lipson
2008: Eric Klavins, Rob Wood
2009: Katherine Kuchenbecker
2010: Pieter Abbeel, Russ Tedrake
2011: Drew Bagnell, Aaron Dollar
2012: Charlie Kemp, Jan Peters, Cyrill Stachniss
2013: Hadas Kress-Gazit, Siddhartha Srinivasa
2014: Ashutosh Saxena, Julie Shah
2015: Sami Hadaddin, Robert J. Webster III
2016: Sangbae Kim
2017: Sertac Karaman