While we already received a good number of quality papers, we decided due to numerous requests to extend the submission deadline for full draft papers to: 28 January 2018.
We aim at a highly inspiring event by bringing together researchers from a variety of research topics with their prototypes and models. We anticipate to host you with a canal boat trip through the historic centre of Delft and a conference dinner in the medieval Old Church (with the graves of Antoni van Leeuwenhoek, Johannes Vermeer, its famous stained glass and organ with 2832 pipes).
We would like to encourage you to participate and enjoy 'the most creative conference in mechanism science' by submitting and presenting your novel and surprising ideas and results on:
* Reconfigurable Mechanisms & Robots
* Lamina Emergent, Pop-up, and Compliant mechanisms
* Reconfigurable joints
* Metamorphic Mechanisms & Robots
* Planar and Spatial Deployable Mechanisms
* Engineering Origami
* Kinematics & Dynamics of Reconfiguration
* Variable Topology Modelling
* Bio-inspired Self-Assembly and Growth
* Application of Reconfigurable Systems
* other related topics
Keynote speakers will be artist Theo Jansen: Strandbeest Kinetic Sculptures; Gökhan Kiper: Deployable Structures; Metin Sitti: Micro Biorobotics; and Jonathan Hopkins: Architectured Materials