[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Save the date / first call: Breaking the Surface 2018 - Int. Field Workshop of Maritime Robotics and Applications

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Save the date / first call: Breaking the Surface 2018 - Int. Field Workshop of Maritime Robotics and Applications

Ivana Mikolić
SAVE THE DATE:  Breaking the Surface - BtS 2018, 10th International Interdisciplinary Field Workshop of Marine Robotics and Applications
Date and location: 30th September - 7th October 2018,  Biograd na Moru (Croatia)
Web: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bts.fer.hr_&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=oLm7-DCVLUUu-nAmDZmNG8lZUW4lYwRSzGpT9iRpamg&s=9MLf7uzMdTxYd2czfOKIzZtpPO84wGzukOL6G8imUaA&e=
Registration early-bird deadline: 1st of July

For the last 10 years, Breaking the Surface - BtS has been a meeting place for everyone interested in marine robotics research and its application. BtS is a continuation of yearly field trainings where we try to fuse a standard, workshop-type knowledge transfer event with several days of demonstration-purposes fieldwork in end-user disciplines of various marine robotics and marine remote sensing technologies. However, we also host keynote / plenary speakers and hands-on tutorials in disciplines such as marine robotics and marine remote sensing; maritime and nautical archaeology and history, submerged cultural landscapes; marine biology, biological oceanography and marine natural conservation; maritime security; etc.

We will also organize “Innovation day”, a whole-day workshop where robotics experts, ranging from renowned researchers to the leaders of successful robotics startups, will share their experience in commercializing robotics-related technologies.

BTS PROGRAMME
Last year, in 7 days, we hosted more than 180 participants from all around the world and organized and presented:

  *   38 lectures in 6 programme tracks (maritime robotics, biology, archaeology, security, geography, innovations)
  *   5 tutorials
  *   4 company presentations
  *   10 vehicles demonstrations developed by research groups or EU project

You can check our last year’s programme and schedule here while we are preparing them for this year:

  *   https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bts.fer.hr_program-5F2017_&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=oLm7-DCVLUUu-nAmDZmNG8lZUW4lYwRSzGpT9iRpamg&s=JwdHz-xmPSKC1rS21y--lVwoDzQLpz2Gb6xkf3ALvc8&e=
  *   https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bts.fer.hr_schedule-5F2017_&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=oLm7-DCVLUUu-nAmDZmNG8lZUW4lYwRSzGpT9iRpamg&s=VYc3jwfcjHFVtVojLT3MKgZUGvEWnIxebuQukOp0XTE&e=

REGISTERING AND PARTICIPATING
We are inviting you to join us and register to BtS. You can register here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bts.fer.hr_registration_&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=oLm7-DCVLUUu-nAmDZmNG8lZUW4lYwRSzGpT9iRpamg&s=ei_aWS-xMUX4dAsTPbTte5iUGB6bDKnVmppTwVi7tQs&e=
The registration and accommodation fees are combined. The Registration package includes:

  *   accreditation for all technical and social programmes
  *   accommodation with three meals per day in single rooms (Standard registrations) or shared double rooms (Student) in a 4* hotel for 7 nights

Registration early-bird deadline: 1st of July
Early-bird / Regular registration fees: STUDENT: €500 / €600; STANDARD: €660 / €800; ACCOMPANYING PERSON: €300; CORPORATE: €3.000 / €3.500

POINT OF CONTACT
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Sc. Nikola Miškovic, Programme Chair
University of Zagreb Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing
Unska 3, HR-10000 Zagreb, Croatia
E-mail: [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>