[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Second CFP: RSS 2021, submission deadline March 1st

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Second CFP: RSS 2021, submission deadline March 1st

Dylan Shell-2
                                  *CALL FOR PAPERS*
                          Robotics: Science and Systems 2021
                              https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://roboticsconference.org/__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!4IRYr1tpiemCbzlTZA8QDtjGxTRZHhOxhjsBD7Vs1sG9cPevZxT3RQ7ZX1EkLiVZm03T1wfL$

We invite you to submit your best research to the 2021 Robotics: Science
and Systems Conference, a virtual meeting connecting researchers working on
all aspects of robotics including scientific foundations, mechanisms,
algorithms, applications, and analysis of robotic systems. The paper
submission deadline is *March 1st*.  We're now six weeks away from that
date and uploads via CMT will open on the 1st of February.

This, the 17th edition of RSS, will be the first time it has been planned
to be virtual from the get-go. The conference will preserve the
single-track format, and the final program will be the result of a thorough
review process to give attendees an opportunity to see the most exciting
research in all areas of robotics. Submissions will be evaluated in terms
of their novelty, technical quality, significance, potential impact, and
clarity. The program will include invited talks as well as oral and poster
presentations of accepted papers. We will also continue the RSS tradition
of vibrant, engaging, and trailblazing workshops across a diverse range of
topics. (The workshop submission deadline is a fortnight after that for
papers: March 15th.)

Highlights of RSS 2021:
==================

* Rather than weathering virtual meetings as a mere stopgap, the intention
is to embrace the new opportunities that they afford. The virtual format
has the advantage of reaching a wider audience than ever before, including
many who may have heard of RSS but never participated previously, or for
whom travel is prohibitive. We will have a focus on making openly available
and retaining resources (like recorded presentations, self-contained
unabridged text) so that the event will be of value to our community for
far longer than a single week in July.

* A strong and wide-spanning set of Area Chairs have agreed to serve in
2021 (see  https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://roboticsconference.org/committees/pc/__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!4IRYr1tpiemCbzlTZA8QDtjGxTRZHhOxhjsBD7Vs1sG9cPevZxT3RQ7ZX1EkLiVZm7U_YoSJ$  ). The process of
handling papers will retain those traditional features of RSS which
emphasize care and quality with a rigorous double-blind review process; we
will continue the response format successfully introduced last time, with
author res[onses being directed to the program committee.

* RSS will have a Best Paper Award, a Best Student Paper Award, and a Best
Systems Paper Award. The latter is specifically dedicated to papers that
pioneer novel robotic systems (e.g. hardware or mechatronics) or
demonstrate novel behaviors on robotic systems beyond what has been seen
previously. Further, RSS 2021 will continue the Test of Time Award, along
with the associated panel discussion. A selection of papers will be invited
for submission to a special issue of International Journal of Robotics
Research (IJRR) and a special issue of Autonomous Robots (AuRo).

* The technical program will include single track oral and poster
presentations of all accepted papers, as well as invited talks.
Opportunities for virtual mingling and networking are planned (but you'll
have to supply your own real coffee).

Topic Areas:
==========

We’re seeking high-quality research papers that introduce new ideas and
stimulate future trends in robotics across a diverse range of areas. We
invite submissions in all areas of robotics, including: mechanisms and
design, robot learning, control and dynamics, planning, manipulation, field
robotics, human-robot interaction, robot perception, formal methods,
multi-robot systems, healthcare and medical robotics, biological robotics,
mobile robotics. Also, we specifically encourage creative submissions that
strike out in new directions and define new sub-areas. Excellence of ideas
will be a central criterion for acceptance.

Important Dates:

        March 1st, 2021: Paper Submission Deadline
        March 15th, 2021: Workshop Submission Deadline
        April 5th, 2021: Workshop Acceptance Notification
        May 10th, 2021 Paper Acceptance Notification
        July 12th - 16th, 2021 Virtual RSS 2021

On behalf of the organizing committee,
  Cordially yours,
       Dylan Shell (Program Chair)