4. Schedule MAY 15, 2017, Application deadline
MAY 20, 2017, Acceptance notification
MAY 31, 2017, Registration and payment due
JUL. 16, 2017, Summer School reception
JUL. 17, 2017-AUG. 12, 2017, Courses and projects
AUG. 13, 2017- AUG. 26, 2017, Extended Projects
5. Location Songshan Lake (SSL), Guangdong, China
6. Lecturers Harald Löwe, PhD, Apl. Professor, Technical University of Braunschweig. Harald Löwe received his Diploma and PhD degree in mathematics from the Technical University of Braunschweig. Since his “Habilitation” in 2001, he is working as a professor at the department of Mathematics of the TU Braunschweig. Currently, he is concerned with projects in mathematics with schools. His field of research is geometry and its applications.
Zexiang Li, PhD, Professor, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. Zexiang Li received his BS degree in electrical engineering and economics (with honors) from CMU, MA degree in mathematics and PhD degree in electrical engineering and computer science from UC Berkeley. He worked as a research scientist in the AI Lab of MIT and as an assistant professor in the Robotics Lab of NYU before returning to China. He is now a professor at the ECE Dept. of HKUST, and the director of the Automation Technology Center. He co-founded several robotic companies with his students, including Googol Tech, DJI and QKM Tech.
7. Course formats AM: Lectures (9:00-12:00) / Projects
PM: (1) Projects
(2) Discussion and tutorials
(3) Company visits / Field trips
8. Syllabus +JUL. 16- JUL. 23 （Week1）Projects
- Real projects including industrial automation, agricultural automation, real estate inspection, 3D scanning, etc.
+JUL. 24- JUL. 30（Week2） Course on Robotics (by Prof. Li)
-Rigid body motion and screw theory
-Trajectory generation and control
-Kinematics and control of multi-fingered robotic hands
-Robot motion planning
-Workpiece localization and tolerance theory
-Parallel mechanism synthesis and design
+JUL. 24--AUG.6（Week3）Talks on engineering practice
-Talks by engineers from Mathworks、TI/ADI, etc.
+AUG.7- AUG.13（Week4）Course on differential geometry (by Prof. Loewe)
-Submanifolds and Manifolds
-Linear Lie Groups
-The Euclidian Motion Group
+AUG.14- AUG.27（Week5-6）Extended projects (Optional)
-Students can choose to continue their projects in the following two weeks
9. Application Information Course registration fee: USD 200 (Food and boarding additional)
Contact Tel: +86 13925765731
Contact Email: email@example.com