[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] "Beyond conventional AI - the Neurorobotics Platform" - ERF 2018 Workshop

[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] "Beyond conventional AI - the Neurorobotics Platform" - ERF 2018 Workshop

Benedikt Feldotto
Dear Colleagues,

We cordially invite you to *"Beyond conventional AI - the Neurorobotics
Platform"*, a workshop at the ERF 2018
(www.eu-robotics.net/robotics_forum
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.eu-2Drobotics.net_robotics-5Fforum&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=rboVTv45LaenEUQJm8mIhH5UXfE9pQQW6-hb7Wx7t00&s=hORWN6GyEOHqXzGT9OpxNypos4elDAUxceuY3Gf-6js&e=>) organized by the
Neurorobotics group in the Human Brain Project.

Recent enhancements and novel tools in the Neurorobotics Platform are
presented in a life demonstration featuring highlight experiments in
neurorobotics. Afterwards we want to discuss how you can benefit from
our open-source and server based brain and body simulation platform to
bring intelligent robots to the next level.

*Objective:*

In recent years Artificial intelligence (AI) has made significant
progress and together with machine learning robots have become
increasingly intelligent. However, AI still lacks the versatility and
adaptivity humans exhibit and as such trails behind the capabilities of
a humanoid infant learning to act in a complicated and dynamic
environment. The human brain, with its power consumption of only 20W, is
able to learn, adapt and forecast online autonomously. Therefore, it
makes sense to take the brain as inspiration to build intelligent
robots. With our expertise in the Human Brain Project (HBP), on the way
to understanding learning and cognition in the human brain, we want to
elevate robots to the next level, beyond conventional AI. To enable
these ambitious research endeavors, we created the Neurorobotics
Platform that closes the gap between neuroscience and robotics in an
online simulation platform. Simulated robots in virtual environments can
be connected to artificial brains to run closed-loop neurorobotics
experiments. The built-in design, configuration and visualization tools
in the platform allow users to easily set up and configure AI
experiments with established learning paradigms up to biologically
plausible controllers. After the official public release in April 2017,
in this workshop we want to interactively demonstrate selected
neurorobotics simulations in the Neurorobotics Platform to the audience.
This workshop will guide researchers through the many features so that
we can discuss ways for them to benefit from our platform in their
research. We also want to obtain feedback on our development by
identifying strengths and weaknesses in moderated discussions and
hands-on sessions.

*Agenda:*

- Introduction to the Neurorobotics Platform in the Human Brain Project

- Interactive Demo: Setting up a simulation from scratch

- Highlight simulations and user experiment discussions

- Discussion, Feedback and Q/A

*Workshop Date:*

Thursday, 15th March 2018, 14:00 - 15:30 (Tampere Hall - Room Maestro,
Tampere, Finland)

*More details:*

www.neurorobotics.net

www.humanbrainproject.eu

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youtube.com_hbpneurorobotics&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=rboVTv45LaenEUQJm8mIhH5UXfE9pQQW6-hb7Wx7t00&s=YaS6N9VwaQ_BT9UCVf32O3NrVS69XDg4eug1p88M034&e=

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__twitter.com_hbpneurorobotic&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=rboVTv45LaenEUQJm8mIhH5UXfE9pQQW6-hb7Wx7t00&s=gNRQPq_bVtuFJAgqqXJ--6GuD7NCQ6LL6ZfwrFXF-YM&e=

See you at the workshop,

Benedikt Feldotto

for the Neurorobotics group in the Human Brain Project

--
Benedikt Feldotto M.Sc.
Research Assistant

Human Brain Project - Neurorobotics

Technische Universität München
Parkring 13, Room 2.02.20
85748 Garching b. München
Germany

Phone: +49 89 289 17 642
Mail: [hidden email]
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www6.in.tum.de_people_benedikt-2Dfeldotto-2Dmsc_&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=rboVTv45LaenEUQJm8mIhH5UXfE9pQQW6-hb7Wx7t00&s=fAWdMjvstqYtxqrJsTrPueovSSJKiVQjwwC9K4nO2y4&e=