[robotics-worldwide] [news] Codie, the new robotic toy for kids

[robotics-worldwide] [news] Codie, the new robotic toy for kids

Peter Erdei
Dear Group,

I’m really happy to be here with you and read your thoughts, articles and ideas about robotics, and conference invitations from you. It helped me a lot in the last few months because me and my team have created a little robot and a unique visual coding language which simplifies the abstract patterns of programming into blocks to teach kids the basics of coding.

We’ve built Codie, a robotic toy to complement our program and Codie is controlled by arranging these blocks to create sequences. With Codie you’re essentially writing a code that interacts with the real world. The peculiarity of our language lies in the ability that you'll be able to export the code created on the graphic surface to Javascript, modify it there and transform the code back to our app.
Additionally Codie is not just a toy but an educational tool as well. We are developing our app to teach real coding patterns like variables, loops and subroutines with the help of gamification.

So we have a lot of work behind us and hope that we can build something really useful for kids, we reached a milestone and need your help and thoughts. We are planning an Indiegogo campaign in the near future and really love to hear your thoughts about our product in advance.
You can find more info about Codie on our webpage: getcodie.com, where you can subscribe to our newsletter as well.

Hope you find our project interesting and we would really appreciate if you would help our dream come true.

Best regards,
Peter