[robotics-worldwide] [news] DARPA OFFSET program and Swarm Sprint #1 announcement

[robotics-worldwide] [news] DARPA OFFSET program and Swarm Sprint #1 announcement

Chung, Timothy
Dear fellow robotics colleagues,

I’d like to announce that the first DARPA OFFSET Swarm Sprint was recently released for the OFFensive Swarm-Enabled Tactics program, which is interested in high-level swarm autonomy and human-swarm teaming innovations, e.g., to support experiments with upwards of 250 air and ground robots in urban environments. The solicitation has been posted as a BAA Amendment at the link below. Also, I’m including a link to the press release about the OFFSET program and its swarm sprints.

* https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.darpa.mil_news-2Devents_2017-2D10-2D12&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=7gIrCVgVmutSC83PiVZjJ2NLUZkbZd1P4R5LLVD0TzE&s=YeRe9CCDSeL3CTUpyhQEX6csxQMAtygPDUxPycbSlJQ&e=
* https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.fbo.gov_spg_ODA_DARPA_CMO_HR001117S0011_listing.html&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=7gIrCVgVmutSC83PiVZjJ2NLUZkbZd1P4R5LLVD0TzE&s=g4mXXGVLdvAa19Gd2Hw31YpQbS1hsVcKAPpodXwHSX0&e=

This first Swarm Sprint is focused on developing and encoding "swarm tactics” (a la “plays”) relevant to the urban environment. We also anticipate additional swarm sprints on additional topics (which are described in the BAA Amendment) over the course of the 3.5-year program.

Given our vibrant robotics community and specific expertise in the growing area of distributed robotic systems, I wanted to share this first (of numerous anticipated) OFFSET swarm sprint opportunity.  Anyone who is interested in learning more and/or receiving updates can submit inquiries to the [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]> email listed in the links. The solicitation is open to universities, industry, research laboratories, etc. including international participants and/or collaborations.

I look forward to further and continued engagement with the robotics community!

Blue skies,
- Timothy Chung, DARPA Program Manager

--
Timothy H. Chung, Ph.D.